“Pick a better place”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Elk Grove
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Pick a better place”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I saw other properties that appeared to be better choices after we arrived. The front desk service was poor for the entire stay. Extemely poor water preasure. The only bright spot was the breakfast staff who was very pleasant. But I've never been more eager for checkout & won't be back.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We spent two nights at this Fairfield Inn while we were visiting friends in the area. When we made our reservation, we expected something pretty basic. However, we were pleasantly surprised--we had been upgraded to a 'suite,' which was a spacious room with an adjacent sitting area. Best of all, it was at the end of the corridor and very quiet.

Breakfasts were adequate, if not lavish. My husband used the hot waffle iron to make himself a fresh waffle each morning, while I enjoyed fruit and cereal. The staff was always pleasant and helpful.

Our only complaint--a minor one--was that the WiFi connection in our room wasn't great. Perhaps because we were at the end of a long corridor?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
La Mesa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

From check in to checkout this was good place to call home while we visited Sacramento. Convenient location, good service, nice public areas and a good room. Can't ask for much more.

Texas Roadhouse restaurant is just across the parking lot and serves up some pretty good food. Call ahead because they seemed to be busy the whole time we were there.

I almost forgot - the reservations folks at the 800 number found out that I had some unused Marriott points and helped me apply them to reduce my costs. I guess I need to pay more attention to those rewards!

Room Tip: We were upstairs and facing away from the highway so it was pretty quiet and no headlights shining i...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ray A
Napa, California
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We visited friends who live in the area and this hotel was recommended. It was just what we needed. The small indoor pool was just right for young children. Clean and comfortable and a fair price. Only issue was lack of a functioning fan in the bathroom which made for a humid area after showering. I would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was in Elk Grove for a graduation and long weekend getaway, the rates on this hotel were good and the reviews good so I committed. Some of the reviews I read mentioned that the area was sketchy. It's not the nicest neighborhood and there really aren't many amenities around there but I wasn't worried about walking through the parking lot alone at night (I'm female traveling alone so this is a concern of mine). I wouldn't go on a long walk by myself in the area but I didn't feel unsafe.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful when I checked in. I needed an extra day added and they were very nice about making that work. The room was clean and laid out well, very roomy. The air conditioning in any room is a huge deal, I like my rooms cool, and their air conditioning was great. The mattress on the bed was SUPER comfortable, I honestly don't know if I've stayed at a hotel with a mattress that comfortable.

I was also impressed with how quiet the room was. Walking through the hotel and in the elevator I did see quite a few people (it was completely booked one night) and some of them weren't the quietest people when I saw them in the elevator and breakfast area but I never heard them when I was in my room --- great sound insulation.

Breakfast was nice, continental nothing fancy, but they did have a little more options that many hotels (more than your standard muffins and waffles).

My next trip to Elk Grove I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
N, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have here twice in the last year, just because it was a convienent for a trip we couldn't make in a day. Everything was fine. room comfortable and clean.
We have Marriotts rewards, so get points, but it does not get you a discount if you walk in off the street. We were kind of disgusted at the last stay, because we checked in late in the eve, " a walk in", and the place was not full, but we still were charged the highest price. Sometimes when you are in a 'just get a place to sleep, so we can move on" mode, it is very irritating to pay over $140 for a night with tax, when you know you could have paid around $100.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
La Jolla, CA
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a generic, no frills hotel buried behind a series of automotive shops and gas stations. It was clean and basic, a "get what you pay for" situation. The walls and ceilings are quite thin, so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Typical free breakfast of processed foods included. If you need an inexpensive stop over, you will be satisfied here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Elk Grove Laguna I-5
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Elk Grove East
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Express Elk Grove
Americas Best Value Inn - Sacramento/Elk Grove

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Elk Grove? Share your experiences!