“Tasty Food...Superlative Service...Fair Pricing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pasta Pomodoro

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pattaya, Thailand
“Tasty Food...Superlative Service...Fair Pricing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was staying at the nearby Hyatt House for a week and had multiple opportunities to enjoy the fine food and friendly service at Pasta POMODORO (Why is there no way to correct obvious inaccuracies on Trip Advisor as basic as a restaurant's name? If the person who does the first review makes a typo or is just plain wrong are we stuck with the error for all eternity!) One of my favorite foods is Italian pasta and Pasta Pomodoro, as its name implies, does this dish right; and in a variety of ways. I ate here 3 times during my Emeryville stay and each time was the same: Great.

I am not going to call out specific pastas I had because I can't remember the specific names, which were in Americanized Italian, but they were all very good. I would just recommend reviewing the menu and picking one with the ingredients and sauce that you like and I am sure it will be just fine. If the timing is right, I would also recommend the lunch specials, which include a nice Caesar salad starter (or soup of the day) and a dessert. I had the Caesar with all my meals, so can't comment on the soups, but the salad was very good...a nice portion of fresh Romaine with croutons and shaved Parmesan cheese. For dessert, I tried both the bread-pudding and the tiramisu; and while both were good, my preference would be the bread-pudding. All meals also come with warm focacci bread and a savory pesto/olive-oil dip.

Service was friendly and professional at all my meals. All the staff greeted guests on arrival and were happy to explain any menu questions or help with special requests, I cannot not give a special mention to Grace-Marie, who was so full of energy and smiles for all her customers.

I will most definitely be eating more meals here on subsequent stays in Emeryville.

PS: Your receipt is good for a free dessert on later visits if you take an online/or call survey on your meal at PP.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank JonnieBangkok

Chico, California
“Better Than Most”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Salads were very good. Unfortunately a hair but they comped our whole meal.

Visited December 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Reasonably priced, this place forvides good pasta dishes.

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California
“very enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Their name is Pasta POMODORO not Pomoro.
Chicken Marsala was delicious. everyone enjoyed their meals. portions were large and the Warriors won.

• Visited December 2011
California
“Surprisingly good chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We don't tend to go for chain restaurants, but have consistently enjoyed this one. We had the squash ravioli and chicken marsala -- both quite delicious. We also appreciated that you can order a nice selection of wines in a 4, 8 or 16 oz. size.
Service was inatentive, but what the heck -- this isn't a fine dining experience and the price is right.

Visited November 2011