“Appalling service, delicious food”

Summer Summer Thai Eatery
Ranked #13 of 113 Restaurants in Emeryville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hollis St & 59th St
Transit: AC transit 19 (everyday) Emery-go-round (all Hollis route on week day) Berkeley Lab shuttle
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Appalling service, delicious food”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

In summary:

Service - terrible. We were asked to wait at the bar, we were the only people at the bar and no one served us!!! After getting no drinks we were then seated. I kid you not, it took over 45 minutes for them to come and take our order and that was after repeatedly asking them. We still had no drinks, in fact we did not receive any drinks until AFTER our food arrived. You do the math, that's well over an hour without drinks.

Food - delicious. The food is authentic and all courses were gorgeous. Unfortunately they brought my rice 15 mins before my main so it had gone cold by the time the food arrived; a new plate of rice arrived without prompting though.

Such a shame. We left this place in a bad mood and it ruined our evening.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank oceanangel26

Bay Area
“Great! And I'm going back”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband, myself and another couple went to Summer Summer Thai Eatery on 4/20/12 and had a fabulous dinner. We actually made it there about 6:55 p.m., had no reservations and were able to get right in. Happy hour ended at 7:00 and they took our order so that we could get the happy hour prices. There food was so good, fresh and came quickly. We actually ordered all appetizers from the Happy Hour Menu (which is so reasonable, each appetizer was $5.00) There were approximately eight 8 appetizers listed so we ordered one of each, not sure of what some of it was. I loved everything we tried. All prices for both food and alcohol were very reasonable and I enjoyed the charodonnay. As I said - I'm going back!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank BayareaKaren
Lyon, France
“Nice Spot for Thai in Emeryville”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Went with a friend on a Thursday - moderately crowded. Very sleek and modern look in the ground floor of a sleek office building, entry from the street. The food was very good; service efficient and friendly. We did not have alcoholic beverages, but the wine list was pretty good for a restaurant of this type - full bar available.

Visited January 2012