“Incredibly good food, fast”

Summer Summer Thai Eatery
Ranked #13 of 115 Restaurants in Emeryville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hollis St & 59th St
Transit: AC transit 19 (everyday) Emery-go-round (all Hollis route on week day) Berkeley Lab shuttle
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was very impressed by this food! Its delivered quickly and is very, very tasty. The spicy meals are not watered down for mass consumption, but rather have sufficient zing. I would definitely eat here agin!

1  Thank COLadyRoadWarrior

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great variety at reasonable prices! Some dishes have peanuts, which my son is allergic to. We told them and they took precautions and we had a great meal!

1  Thank gdsbcmp8
Reviewed 11 March 2013

After many visits to this Hollis Street in Emeryville Restaurant it is time to announce how wonderful the food is. The Happy Hour seven days a week makes this Thai standout a real bargain for drinks and nibbles or full banquet type meals. This last week we joined the family there for one of every starter and three mains. After the dinner we reviewed out selections and not one would have been taken off what we ordered. The menu includes happy hour libations of wine, beer and mixed drinks at an extremely fair price. Same for the starters. The best drink of the evening was the Lemon Drop. The best main was the three types of curry. The group of five could not agree on a best starter as all were wonderful. The only downside is that if the restaurant is full, service is slower then normal so allowing for a more leisure evening is a must. One must park in the neighborhood as there is no off street parking. The signage is hard to see if one is not directly in front of this eatery. This is a well worth it to visit restaurant serving unusual flavors that bring dining to another level.

1  Thank Zman47
Reviewed 17 October 2012

In summary:

Service - terrible. We were asked to wait at the bar, we were the only people at the bar and no one served us!!! After getting no drinks we were then seated. I kid you not, it took over 45 minutes for them to come and take our order and that was after repeatedly asking them. We still had no drinks, in fact we did not receive any drinks until AFTER our food arrived. You do the math, that's well over an hour without drinks.

Food - delicious. The food is authentic and all courses were gorgeous. Unfortunately they brought my rice 15 mins before my main so it had gone cold by the time the food arrived; a new plate of rice arrived without prompting though.

Such a shame. We left this place in a bad mood and it ruined our evening.

1  Thank oceanangel26
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband, myself and another couple went to Summer Summer Thai Eatery on 4/20/12 and had a fabulous dinner. We actually made it there about 6:55 p.m., had no reservations and were able to get right in. Happy hour ended at 7:00 and they took our order so that we could get the happy hour prices. There food was so good, fresh and came quickly. We actually ordered all appetizers from the Happy Hour Menu (which is so reasonable, each appetizer was $5.00) There were approximately eight 8 appetizers listed so we ordered one of each, not sure of what some of it was. I loved everything we tried. All prices for both food and alcohol were very reasonable and I enjoyed the charodonnay. As I said - I'm going back!!

2  Thank BayareaKaren