This is what I like about the Courtyard Emeryville:
1) Great location! Wide range of restaurants across the street in the Bay Street Mall.
2) Simple, contemporary, and reasonably spacious rooms. Comfortable beds. Great views from bay-side rooms. In room free basic wi-fi was (as advertised) fast enough for everything except streaming video. Overall, the Courtyard seems well maintained.
3) Small fitness room with LifeFitness equipment: Two treadmills, two ellipticals (one was out of order), and two recumbent bikes. An adjoining room includes a small indoor pool (might be long enough to try some laps, but I didn't try) and a hot tub. Hotel gyms are a make or break feature for me. The Courtyard passes this test in spite of one elliptical being out of commission.
4) The Bistro (in the lobby) is great for simple, casual, a la carte breakfasts. My favorite: Hot, chunky oatmeal with little bowls of brown sugar, dark/golden raisins, and walnuts on the side. In the evening snacks and cocktails/beer/wine are available at very reasonable prices. (I'm not a fan of all-inclusive breakfast buffets at other hotel properties: Usually these mean crowds of people going after a lot of unhealthy, poor quality, steam-table food.)
5) Very friendly and helpful staff throughout the property.
One unfortunate drawback:
1) Daily parking charge of $9; however, this is by no means a deal breaker.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Oakland Emeryville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Emeryville Hotel Emeryville
- Courtyard Emeryville
- Emeryville Courtyard
- Emeryville Marriott