“Incredible location next to high end mall and movie theater”

Courtyard Oakland Emeryville
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My kids and wife went nuts as we drove into this hotel! So many gorgeous shops and restaurants surrounding this property! You can walk to all of it and a very nice, upscale AMC theater. My 12-yr old gave me a high five as we parked the car!

The inside is very nice and updated. Lots of areas to sit and relax. Staff was friendly and got our room quickly. Couldn't be happier with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mcsmalley

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stay at the Emeryville Courtyard at least twice a year for work. I have found it extremely reliable. The hotel is clean and rooms are good. If you can get a bay view room on a higher up floor you might be able to see the Golden Gate Bridge, I always request one when I go. The area is great, it's across the street from restaurants, shops and a movie theater. It is also a stop on the emeryville go round which will drop you at the BART for convenient access into San Francisco. The staff is wonderful!! I would highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We spent 4 nights here during a recent family trip to the San Fran area. First and foremost...everything in the San Fran area is horribly overpriced...it is the climate and the large city atmosphere. That said, if you can stomach hotel room rates of $200+ per night that do not include so much as complimentary cup of fresh hot coffee in the lobby, then this is your place. Our room was nice, but NO micro or refrigerator in the room. Pool area was small but sufficient. Beds were average...we felt like we sunk into it. A note of caution- the included "free" internet operates at dial up speeds...you pay extra for higher speed internet- annoying and unforgivable. Parking is available for an extra $9 daily charge. Overall I have a hard time recommending this hotel due to the rate and lack of included coffee (beyond the brew in your room type coffee one would find at a Super 8), lack of any included breakfast, lack of room amenities, and parking fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room...ours did not.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jeff G, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for staying at our hotel. It is true that hotel room rates in the SF Bay Area are higher than other parts of the country. Please know that the rate you reserved with us is very similar to nearby hotels. Like the room rate, our $9 parking fee and menu-priced breakfast are posted on our website and included in confirmations. Our coffee offerings are a coffee maker and free coffee packets in the rooms, free coffee in the lobby until the restaurant opens, and Starbucks coffee for a fee once the restaurant opens. Regarding refrigerators, they are permanently installed in a third of our rooms and can be delivered to the other rooms upon request. I am sorry that the Internet speed was a challenge during your visit. We did have some system glitches lately that have been resolved, and we are increasing the bandwidth coming into the hotel as well. We appreciate your feedback, as it lets us know where to improve our products and our communication. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a nice place to stay the night. I was in a King room that faced the bay, so I had a great view or San Francisco, the Bay Bridge, and the Golden Gate Bridge. The room is mostly updated- really all that needs updating are the wood finishes. The room was clean and smelled fresh. My favorite part was the bed, which was extremely comfortable- maybe even more comfortable than my own! My only complaint with this hotel is that they charge for parking. Overall I was pleased with my room and would recommend it as a cheaper option than staying in San Francisco. This hotel has great access to the city.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is in a strange location right next to the freeway. If you don't know the area it would be very easy to get stuck on the wrong side of the freeway and have to of miles out of your way to get back. The lobby is nice with an overpriced starbucks and tiny convenience store. The rooms are not great and very tired looking. The one thing that was fantastic was the front side of the hotel is directly across from a very large shopping mall with a bunch of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jeff G, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. It’s true that we’re near “The Maze,” where a number of highways merge. Accurate driving directions are on our website, but we’ll review them just to be sure. A guest room renovation is being planned, with the completion date to be determined. We’re glad you enjoyed the mall across the street and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed one night in a King bedroom facing the bay on the 5th floor. The view of the Bay Bridge, San Francisco City and the Golden Gate (under part fog) was just magnificant. Forget staying at downtown Oakland unless you need to be there. The hotel reception was very attentive and accomodating. Even sending a refrigerator to my room for my medicine. There is a restaurant/bar which I picked up a Fruit/Yougurt/Granola parfait in the morning and it was fresh and good. The hotel is located near restaurants and shops. PF Changs is a simple walk down the street. Trader Joe's is in with the Target and other brand clothing stores nearby. If you go north on the Berkley pier there are sailing lessons on day sailers. If you want a blast from the past dinner try the last Trader Vics in California just down the jetty from the hotel. I didn't eat there because of time constraints but I was surprised that Emeryville would be the last location. The only negative is they charge a little for parking but nothing like Oakland or SF, but for me they didn't for what reason I don't know. Very comfortable bed and I didn't hear the traffic noise with the freeway down below. I give a big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Choose a bay view room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I are staying here for a few nights on vacation. The lobby and service were nice. However, the room is SUCH a disappointment. For $249/night the room needs to be remodeled!! The furniture is beat up, beds are very old, carpet wet!

Stayed: July 2014
Jeff G, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Emeryville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are planning to renovate our guest rooms, although it is too soon to say exactly when the project will be completed. In the meantime, we work hard to keep the room very clean, include frequent carpet cleaning. I apologize that we put that room back in service before the carpet was completely clean. Our room rates fluctuate based on demand and your stay was apparently during a very high-demand period. Please know that at other times the room rate is much less, and always comparable to the other hotels in our area. Please still consider us for you next visit, as the rate may be lower and I am certain the carpet will be clean, and dry.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Bay Bridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Courtyard Oakland Downtown

Been to Courtyard Oakland Emeryville? Share your experiences!