HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
US$85
US$170
US$166
1,413 results
All reviewsfull kitchenliving roomamtrak stationsan franciscotrain noisefree parkingfree breakfastwoodfin suitesking suitegreat place to stayrailroad trackscalifornia zephyrpublic marketyogurtwalking distancelarge bathroomhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stay in a one bedroom suite, which was a very nice hotel room. Everything about the room was very nice. The morning breakfast which was included in our rate was also very nice. The only problem is that the Amtrak line was on our side of the hotel. We picked that side, because I was concerned about possible noise from the freeway, which is a bit of a distance from the hotel. So, I can't speak to how quiet the freeway side of the hotel is, but the Amtrak side was bad. I was awoken at least twice during the night by a train sounding its horn/whistle as it entered the Emeryville station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Overall a pretty nice extended stay hotel. Unlike some earlier reviews, my room was updated with new carpet and a pair of flatscreen TVs. Bed was comfortable, as expected, and water pressure in the shower was fine. I didn't use the kitchen but it seemed to have everything you'd need.

Staff was very nice and took care of issues with some guests who had been noisy and smoking promptly. I only did breakfast once and wasn't thrilled with it. Granted, it was near the end of the morning (~30 mins before the end of breakfast time) but the pancakes were getting crunchy.

As many others have written, try to get a room on the west (bay) side. I didn't mind the trains, but the window blinds have a gap above them which allows light to pour in. In other words, when the sun rises, so do you. That made me a bit grouchy in the mornings.

Overall I'd probably return, and would pay the extra bucks for a room on the other side.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side to avoid train noise and early morning light
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jakeller521
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have not stayed in their brand before and so had no expectations in particular - although have stayed at Hyatt Regency so I innocently sort of expected similar.
The staff were excellent in every way. That more than made up for any shortcomings. In fact the customer service was way better than I have had at many 4* hotels.
The rooms were bright and looked renovated - good standard. Had to change my room as it over looked the railway line which I felt would be noisy. They changed and gave me a very nice suite.
Slept early well and I would come here again.

The only drawback was having to cross over the railway track (via the flyover walkway) to get to the restaurants although they were worth the treck.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms facing there trail way line as they will be noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel was very clean. Rooms were very spacious. Breakfast was good. Quality coffee and tea. Don't expect much of a view. There's shopping near by. Staff were great with my numerous questions. Ideal location for us within 15-20 mins of where we needed to be.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here on business and really enjoyed the area. Several really cool restaurants within walking distance. We ate at the little pizza place and enjoyed their eclectic menu. I'm a runner and the highlight of my stay was the morning runs along the bay and pier areas. Wanted to run through Berkeley campus but congested sidewalks and streetlights made for uncomfortable run. Stick with trails along the waterway! The hotel is typical room w mini kitchen. Everything was as expected except my AC did not work. Only blew air and it was warm. My view was not that nice either, suppose I may have just got a bad room? They had a pool but was nothing fancy. Nobody ever swam in it? Front desk was helpful with our needs. Not sure if I'd stay here again but mainly because I'd just like to try a new place. If you're looking for suite w kitchen than I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Make sure your AC works and you don't have a room that stares at roof
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business