“Excellent room for a larger family”

HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Emeryville
Corrales, NM
“Excellent room for a larger family”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very modern, clean, convenient, near restaurants, great pool, great beds, nice bathroom, excellent service, delicious varied breakfast. The rooms were very large. Small kitchen in the room.This was a fantastic stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank entrejoes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Korean first
Mount Shasta, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Spent two nights here for our daughters event at UC Berkeley. The room provided every amenity that we needed, and then some. There was plenty of space for our family of 4 for the weekend. Only complaint, as with most hotels, is the lack of lighting in the bathroom.
Definitely can't say enough good things about the hotel bar. The bartender knew his spirits and made us some pretty impressive drinks.
The exceptional service, reasonable rates, and convenience of this hotel will make it our top choice when in the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank with5
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The suite style rooms made our stay most enjoyable. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The included breakfast was very good, but I agree with others that it could have been changed up a little more. We were startled a couple times by the train whistle, when we had the windows open, but otherwise it was not bad at all, and we never heard it at night! The beds were pretty comfy! I never cooked a meal, but having the kitchen was a bonus for serving snacks when family visited. The location was perfect for our needs, with so many shops and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel provided 3 mile shuttle service to the Bart, Ikea, etc. We hardly used our rental car with the FREE Emeryville-G0-Round. Free parking, free internet, included breakfast, and the free shuttle were welcomed amenities that many of the five star hotels charge another $50+ a night. We plan to go back next year!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side may be quieter and have more of a view, but the train noise was much less th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LOVETOROAM1
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel was very nice and the personnel at the front desk were way above our expectations.
The free breakfast was exceptional. I agree with another review about the restaurant/bar being closed during the day..We found places to eat and shop nearby. Great place to stay, especially since we were traveling by Amtrak.

Room Tip: Free wifi and a huge free breakfast. Microwave and frig in the room was a plus
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ward133
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent a week at the Hyatt House in Emeryville and really enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and service focused, the rooms are very nicely appointed, the free breakfast is well above what you get in similar hotels, and the rates were reasonable. The hotel restaurant wasn't too impressive (and is closed during the day) but there are dozens of places to eat and lots to do nearby. What's not to like?

My only criticism is that the fitness center is pretty basic, and about what you would expect from a hotel at this level.

It's not plush or luxurious. I wouldn't necessarily consider this a vacation spot but when doing business in the area it is my first choice.

Room Tip: Get a room on the front of the building, facing away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I consider myself a picky traveler and I spent quite a deal of time on TripAdvisor looking for the right hotel for my recent visit to the UC Berkeley area. Thanks to TripAdvisor's reviews, I found this wonderful hotel. I stayed there with my husband and two teenagers. The room was a suite. We had a separate bedroom with lots of pillows and a very comfortable bed, and the kids had the livingroom. There was also a full kitchen and large bathroom! The place is VERY clean, and the view of San Francisco was quite spectacular. I am a light sleeper and did not notice any noise from outside, though I was on a high floor.

When I made the reservation online, I put in the comments section that I wanted the sofabed to be made up for my kids upon arrival. When we checked in, the front desk staff was extremely kind and friendly. We went to our room and the sofabed was already made up! At least 50% of hotels never read what you write in your comments, but this hotel not only read it but had the room all ready for us!

We came down in the morning for the breakfast that was included with the room. Many hotels offer an unappetizing breakfast with stale oversweetened muffins and runny eggs. Not this hotel! The breakfast was very good. There were lots of choices. The dining room ambiance is quite nice, and there was ample free parking at the hotel.

This hotel is a truly great find! I would stay there again in a heartbeat when I visit the Bay Area. Other hotels in the San Francisco area charge $28 a day for overnight parking, and it was refreshing to find a place where we could park for free. SF was close by and easy to get to. All in all, I rate this hotel 5 stars and have nothing negative to say about it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if you want a nice view of the San Francisco Bay.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DiscreetTraveler5
Tahoe
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've stayed here several times in various sized rooms on both sides of the hotel. Like other reviewers, I found the East-facing (train-side) rooms to be noisy. This Hyatt House is much larger than usual, with a breakfast buffet area that often feels overcrowded. Food is nothing special and fails to include the omelet station that some other Hyatt House properties (e.g., Pleasant Hill) offer. Parking is free and plentiful, the location is fine for many tourist and business venues, and the rooms are clean and generally well-kept. If the breakfast was better and less hectic, I could rave about the place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emeryville
Hyatt Place Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
#1 of 20 in Berkeley
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,220 reviews

Been to HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area? Share your experiences!