“Polynesian Fix”
Review of Trader Vic's

Trader Vic's
Reserve with OpenTable
Trader Vic's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Emeryville
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Powell Street
Description: Since its opening in 1972 overlooking the San Francisco Bay and Emeryville Marina, Trader Vic's has been hailed as one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. Created by restaurant visionary Vic "The Trader" Bergeron, the tropical interior, exotic cocktails, and international menu have become world-famous with locations across the globe.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great restaurant with a long history and where the Mai Tai was invented. Great food selections and a wonderful location with great views.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We got there just as happy hour was starting. This doesn't bring the cost of the drinks down but there are a few appetizers that can be had fairly cheaply. We had the lettuce wraps and the char siu pork. Both were decent, but very small.

My favorite drink was the bourbon based Honi Honi.

One word of caution -- the valet parking, which seemed to be the only thing available, got very backed up with only one valet. He eventually opened to gate to parking and let people self park.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had not been to Trader Vic's for 20 years. I remember the fogcutter drink and they still serve. it. I had to pass since I knew if I had one that would be the end for me. I tried a Pogo Stick. Very good. In fact all in our party enjoyed the cocktails. TV's is a lively place on the weekends with a beautiful view of the Marina and bay. Service is attentive and prompt. Food was a mixed bag. I had the rack of lamb with Indonesian noodles. I found the noodles rather dry but the flavors were a interesting blend of curry and spices. The lamb, while prepared as ordered, just lacked flavor.. Another person had the steak which he said he enjoyed. My wife had the wonton soup which she enjoyed very much. We also enjoyed the spring roll appetizer and mix appetizer of ribs and some deep fried items. We brought our own wine. $20 corkage

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Trader Vic's has been around a long time, and maybe it's lost some of its former cachet, but the supper we had here, on a busy Saturday night, was memorable. Cosmo Tidbits to start - crab Rangoon, crispy shrimp, succulent ribs - mmm. The scallops in ginger with baby bok choy were perfectly prepared, as was the mahi mahi encrusted with macadamia nuts on a bed of sweet potato puree. Our table was right by the water, the wait staff was attentive without being intrusive, and we felt truly pampered. Yum.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to lunch at Trader Vic's Emeryville in May 2014 with a friend. We arrived around 2pm, close to their official closing time of 2.30, but they didn't rush us. On the contrary, they treated us like royalty. The service was exceptionally friendly and attentive. Our waitress Lillian helped us navigate the menu and choose our drinks and meals. We enjoyed several superb cocktails and accompanied them with some delicious starters. I had the seared ahi tuna as a main, and my friend had Moo-Shu pork. Both meals were exceptional, very flavoursome and made with fresh ingredients. The coconut cream pie I had for dessert was encased in light, flaky pastry and very decadent. After our meals, the maître d Claudette, who has been with Trader Vic's for an astonishing 54 years, came out to greet us and give us free souvenirs like fridge magnets and coasters and so forth. I love Tiki restaurants and this was the best I've ever visited. It was a wonderful experience and we can't wait to go back next time we're in the US.