Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge
California Hotel(Emeryville)
Nights Inn Motel(Emeryville)
Maya Motel(Oakland)
1,367 results
All reviewsfront desksan franciscobay bridgegas stationhilton gardenmountain vieweasy accesshotel shuttleparking feehotel restaurantconvenient locationbusiness centershort driveemery go roundking bedfree shuttlelight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

WHen we visit our children in Berkeley we always stay at this property. Although located off the highway by an office park we find it convenient .

The rooms are always clean, our stay includes a great breakfast(GOLD HILTON),a friendly staff and great service.

THis definitely are one of the few Hilton properties that has value

Room Tip: rooms either face the bay(no big whoop,or the highway(or as they like to call it at mountain view...NOT)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark L
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We are very close to Berkeley and we are big sponsers of the school. Next time at the property ask for a higher floor on the south side facing the city and please let me know what you think of that view.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel in September 2011 during our honeymoon before flying to Hawaii. We stayed 4 nights to visit the San Francisco area. This is a nice Hilton, comfy beds and great views of the Bay. We booked a "bay view room" and it was very quiet. They charge $10 for self-parking, but compared to hotels in San Francisco this is cheap! Breakfast was very good and waitress very friendly! This hotel is located near a shopping mall which is very convenient. The staff is sooo friendly and helpful. This exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with Bay view are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. You are right on when booking the bay view rooms. No other hotels in the area has these views. So book early, they are the first to get booked up.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you back reals soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stay frequently in this hotel for work. It is conveniently located to the East Bay, SF, Oakland, Berkeley, etc. all of which I have to travel to for work. They keep the facility clean and well kept. Haven't had any room that needs repair, which I appreciate. The gym is small but has a nice selection of equipment. The breakfast buffet has a nice selection but is a bit pricey. The staff at the desk are friendly and responsive to requests. They booked my next stay for me when I was there so I didn't have to go online. And since I book multiple rooms under multiple names, I appreciate the help. And the wifi is free. I wish it were the same at all Hiltons! After staying in other hotels in the city and being very disappointed, I now only stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate the kind words and I will be sure to share this with the entire team here at the hotel. The team works deligently to keep the property clean, well maintained and constantly improving on our services.

We appreciate your business and please stop by and say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

This hotel was a good value for the money. The rooms were clean and well kept. The staff was professional and friendly but not beyond what I expect. I didn't ask much of them. The issues that I had with this hotel were 1) parking was $10 per day - not much but the hotels across the road don't charge anything, 2) the road noise from the highway was load enough for me to wear earplugs and 3) the free wi-fi was so slow and unrealible that I couldn't be sure my work emails were sent before the connection timed out. I'd recommend staying there if you have earplugs and don't need to use the internet. Otherwise, not so much.

Room Tip: Choose the bay side if you have the option. It is worth the extra money.
2  Thank H46Driver
sal_soto, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I would like to address each of your concerns. 1) We do have a $10 parking fee. Compared to city rates, this is practically nothing. The money helps pays for expenses such as security which we have roaming the property and a new asphault which we laid earlier this year. It also helps keep out non-hotel guest using our parking area. 2) There is a light hum from the traffic going by the hotel and we do offer ear plugs if you need them. But if you have the AC/heater on or the radio/tv you cannot hear the traffic. I also highly suggest you ask for a room on the west side if you are very sensitive to noise. 3) The high speed internet is being up graded as we speak. The process will be completely finished by the end of the first quarter. Other options are hard wired which is available in all the rooms plus we also have a 24 hour business center that has computers for your use as well.

We appreciate your comments and we do address each point here at the property. We value your business and hope to see you back real soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

When traveling on business, (this was a 4 day stay for me) it is the overall attention to detail that defines if I will return for another visit. The Hilton Garden Inn, Emeryville, CA met and the staff exceeded my expectations. Whatever management is doing, keep doing it...

First and foremost, the rooms are exceptionally clean; looks like new - new. My stay was up on the 8th floor over looking the bay; what a view; got a great picture of one outstanding sunset - orange sun reflecting off the water - WOW!!!. About the room? I was fortunate enough to get a king bed; pillow top that you sink into; loved it. Yes, the rooms are fitted with the flat screened TV's; excellent for football. The bathrooms are modern and extremely clean; I guarantee the wife will be pleased. About the staff, what can I say... From the front desk to the bar tender to the waiting room staff; professionalism all the way. Helpful? You will be pleased... Words cannot sum up the attention guests will receive with a visit to The Hilton Garden Inn, Emeryville, CA.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room and a view of the bay, ask for a south end high room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. We appreciate all the kind words you had to say about the property and the team we have.

We continue to improve to make your stay all it can be. We hope to see you back real soon.