“Filling Breakfast at a Reasonable Price”
Review of 101 Diner

101 Diner
Ranked #4 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have to confess that I cannot write a fair review of Diner 101 because I made the mistake of going there when I wasn't hungry. We were with friends, they wanted breakfast, so we stopped in at Diner 101. They ordered huge breakfasts, I ordered Huevos Rancheros, and the few bites of it that I had were great. If you are in Encinitas, by all means, stop in, but do so when you are hungry and not the day after eating a big dinner.

1  Thank Kim H

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Pretty much the best breakfast you can get in Encintas ( besides a breakfast burrito) everything is made fresh and is delicious. There are so many scrumptious looking items to choose from that it's hard to decide. One of my favorites is the Greek omelet. The restaurant in true diner style so expect to wait, but it will be worth every savory bite.Only drawback is they are only open for breakfast and lunch and there is no chance for a Bloody Mary or mimosa as they do not have alcohol.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

And they get an A! We sat at a nice table outside and loved the people watching. Coffee was great and breakfasts came out fast. We were both very happy with our plates and would certainly recommend a stop here.

1  Thank CarolRororo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

An Encinitas classic ... family still goes there until this day ... the German Apple Pancake is superb ... as are almost all breakfast items ... I am not sure how the dinner/lunch fare is as I always went for breakfast.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

If you're in for a stay or maybe just visiting the Botanical Gardens (5 min away) this is a great stop with wonderful staff. We had lunch and the sour dough bread is really good, especially with Albacore Tuna, cheese and avocado in the middle! Staff is helpful and not rushed. seating outside if you want. If the sidewalk is full, there are more outdoor tables in back. Tables have umbrellas.2 hr street parking is free.