“Great Diner”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We just had breakfast at the 101 diner and loved it. The restaurant is reminiscent of times gone by with old booths and great food. Although we had a short wait we passed the time quickly until seated. Large menu, quick service, and great focus. The restaurant is decorated with vintage surfboards and California style posters.

2  Thank Lauren M

Reviewed 13 July 2014

After reading the reviews our party of five went to the diner for Sunday breakfast. The menu has lots of variety and the specials were well thought out.The service was perfect, the food was prepared flawlessand the prices were good.

2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Designed like an old school diner with booths, counter seating and outdoor seating as well. Friendly service and good diner food.

1  Thank Noelle K
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have to confess that I cannot write a fair review of Diner 101 because I made the mistake of going there when I wasn't hungry. We were with friends, they wanted breakfast, so we stopped in at Diner 101. They ordered huge breakfasts, I ordered Huevos Rancheros, and the few bites of it that I had were great. If you are in Encinitas, by all means, stop in, but do so when you are hungry and not the day after eating a big dinner.

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Pretty much the best breakfast you can get in Encintas ( besides a breakfast burrito) everything is made fresh and is delicious. There are so many scrumptious looking items to choose from that it's hard to decide. One of my favorites is the Greek omelet. The restaurant in true diner style so expect to wait, but it will be worth every savory bite.Only drawback is they are only open for breakfast and lunch and there is no chance for a Bloody Mary or mimosa as they do not have alcohol.