“Birthday dinner”

Bentley's Steak and Chop
Reserve with OpenTable
Bentley's Steak and Chop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 297 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Encinitas Blvd.
Transit: Bentley's is easily accessible via the North County Transit System.
San Marcos, California
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Wife took me here for birthday dinner. I took advantage of surf and turf Monday. And my filet and lobster tail were tremendous. Service was very good. But wife ordered tournedos Oscar and it was just ok. I tried it and didn't think it was good at all.

2 Thank JimmyJackk

“Old style steak house”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The steak here is very good but everything else is just ok.
The wife and I both had prime rib. She had baked potato and I had rice. The prime rib was well cooked and nicely seasoned. The potato was average and the rice was also average. The prices were a little on the high side but not to far out of line.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Competition is much better”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

In SD north county there are lots of steakhouse options. Occasionally I'll try another one, but in this case I see reason to ever go back. The competition wins out handily. My rib-eye steak was gristly, tough and underseasoned. I complained to no avail. My partner's prime rib was OK, but not remarkable. They were out of two things we tried to order. Service was a bit uneven with some clear mistakes (a side of ice was delivered without a spoon). Why go somewhere that is OK when there are other choices (West's for instance) that are much better. The ambiance is above average, but dinner is about food. A more talented and experienced kitchen might be able to make something memorable of this place.

• Visited August 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Great to go with Family”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Had a lovely Mother's Day Dinner here with my two teen girls for Mother's Day. We sat outside as it was such a lovely evening, but I have also enjoyed lunch inside as well on a business meeting, For lunch I had a salmon special that was the best I've ever had. The menu has various choices - not just steaks. The best part is the price is reasonable and there are always coupons available for 15 dollar meals. (not available on holidays) This is the perfect place to come if you have family, large parties, and don't want to wait to be seated. The food is good, and the atmosphere is pleasant. It is one of those places I always think when I leave - "Why don't I come here more often"?

• Visited May 2013
“Hosted a Party for 15”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The reservation was ready as described with all of our needs met. The wait staff were attentive and charming. We did a luncheon and the both the steak and chicken salads were generous and delicious. My steak was cooked to perfection. We love the ambiance at Bentley's and this is not the first time I have hostessed a party there. Brian, the manager was low key and easy to work with.

• Visited June 2013