“Wonderful experience; great value on Sunday evening”

Bentley's Steak and Chop
Reserve with OpenTable
Bentley's Steak and Chop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Encinitas Blvd.
Transit: Bentley's is easily accessible via the North County Transit System.
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We are visiting the area, and I was in the mood for a delicious, but reasonably priced, steak. Bentley's was recommended by a local, and she gave us great advice! The décor is very comfortable with booths and tables, and lots of "mood" lighting. There is also a nice patio (with heat lamps) for outdoor dining. On Sunday evening there is a fabulous $15 special: salmon, prime rib, or fillet mignon with roasted red potatoes and steamed vegetables plus, for yet another bargain, a $15 (bottle) wine special (we had the Snap Dragon pinot noir which was very pleasant. I chose the filet mignon, and my husband ordered the N. Y. Strip plus a Caesar salad. Our waiter, David, gave us time to enjoy our wine before placing our order. Nice loaf of bread was served as well with a cinnamon butter. Steaks arrived perfectly cooked; all of the food was delicious, and we would gladly pay full price of a meal here if specials were not offered. For dessert we shared the Myers Lemon Posset (not sure if spelling is correct) which was a prefect ending to the meal. I recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank gr8passage
There are newer reviews for Bentley's Steak and Chop

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Everything from the food to the wait service turned out perfectly. Really enjoyed my GIANT shrimp cocktail with the best cocktail sauce I ever had. (I called and they gave me the recipe). Prime rib grand and all the guests enjoyed their dinners. GO.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

My daughter and I visited Bentley's for lunch. She recommended their hamburgers and it was a good recommendation. They have several versions of their burgers all including a huge 1/2 lbs. patty. They cook the meat to your order and the variety available include the Bentley, BBQ, California, Santa Fe, Black & Blue and the All-American. Each one features specialties like sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, cheeses, etc. I had the Bentley and she had the Santa Fe (her personal favorite). All come with some sort of side that includes slaw, French fries, etc. They are huge and delicious. One of the best burgers I've ever had. You'll need extra napkins. They aren't cheap at just under $13, but worth it considering the ambiance, décor and service. Our server, Marc, was very courteous and friendly. They have an extensive outdoor patio seating area.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Wife took me here for birthday dinner. I took advantage of surf and turf Monday. And my filet and lobster tail were tremendous. Service was very good. But wife ordered tournedos Oscar and it was just ok. I tried it and didn't think it was good at all.

2  Thank JimmyJackk
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The steak here is very good but everything else is just ok.
The wife and I both had prime rib. She had baked potato and I had rice. The prime rib was well cooked and nicely seasoned. The potato was average and the rice was also average. The prices were a little on the high side but not to far out of line.