“Thank You South Swell!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Raglan, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank You South Swell!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Southswell is the best! I took a couple weeks of lessons with Southswell right before leaving to surf in New Zealand for their summer. The instructors at Southswell took me from being a 23 year-old total beginner, to being competent in the waves in no time. And now I have been able to enjoy waves all around the world! Thanks to Ryan and his top notch instructors for being calm, patient, and experienced!

Also, check out the South Swell website--- easy to understand, fun stuff to look at.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Meggie P

SanAntonio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Personalized service for those looking for MORE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Want to do some surfing while in the San Diego area but DON"T want to be lumped into a class of 25 kooks just looking to stand up once and get a photo just to say you "surfed"? Then call South Swell for a customized experience. They know the area and will not tell you to show up at a pre-determined tent on the beach just to make this easy on them and cram you into a "one size fits all" opportunity. Instead they will meet you at a spot that best suits your experience level and what you are trying to accomplish AND is convenient to where you are staying. For the same price as you might pay for a "semi-private" lesson at the WalMart version of the surf lesson that is so frequent in tourist destinations, South Swell will give you a more personalized experience.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank 1999Spurs
Raleigh, NC
3 attraction reviews
“My 7 year old son and I did a surf lesson...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

My 7 year old son and I did a surf lesson today with an instructor named Austin. It was awesome. He was very patient with both of us and made the experience perfect. I highly recommend a surf lesson with this company if you want to enjoy the ocean while in the area.

Chicago
“South Swell Surf Lessons Rule!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2010

My fiance and I just came back from our trip to San Diego. We had never been there before and I wanted to go surfing, so I simply searched places online and found South Swell. The lesson was awesome! I spoke to Ryan from South Swell on the phone and over email prior to the trip, and everything was really easy. He suggested we take our lesson at Solana Beach because it was closer to our hotel than Encinitas. They provided directions to the beach, wetsuits, boards, and lessons. Our instructor, Al, was super nice and really helpful. We had a little waterproof camera and Al even took pictures of the two of us in the middle of helping us surf.

I highly recommend South Swell to anyone looking for lessons in the San Diego area. It was so simple to set-up, and was so much fun.

lexlebel
“South Swell Surf lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

if your looking to learn to surf in North County San DIego, then look no further! South swell surf lessons was the best experience ive had yet. Our instructor Ryan was so patient and informative and provided us with all the essentials at a great price! I would recommend these guys to anyone looking to learn to surf.