“Nice place to hang, but schizophrenic personality”

UNION Kitchen & Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
UNION Kitchen & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 304 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: J Street
Description: UNION Kitchen & Tap offers New American Cuisine in an inviting, warm, and comfortable restaurant setting. The frequently changing menu relies heavily on organic, local ingredients and offer a variety of options to choose from including seasonal salads, hearty sandwiches, and a number of signature dishes for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. UNION Kitchen & Tap also offers a full complement of local craft beers, small vintage wines, and signature cocktails.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This really is two different places in the same place. I'm a little older, and this was a great place to come to have great beer, well made drinks, and good food. However, I came back here after 11 PM and the place totally change. They move table out of the bar to make a big dance floor and the crowd skews way under 30.

So for my early evening experience review I will say I had a good time. Very good and friendly service, good food and great beer and drinks. Plus it opens to the outside so you have a great feeling of being outside when you are inside. Love the decor. Spent a couple of nights here having a good time with friends around 8 to 10 PM. Really enjoyed it, However, if you are over 30, I don't recommend going here after 11 PM, you'll feel really out of place.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Do yourself a favor and choose another place to eat. The only thing that was really good was the beer. The Bacon Mac and Cheese was floating in a creamy base (not good), the ribs were very basic and the crab claws, in just a horrible bar-b-que sauce, destroyed a very expensive shellfish. Our server, Tiffany, said that our order was fine for two people - wrong. Maybe Sumo wrestlers, but not the average person. Tiffany also didn't pace out the order - it ALL came at once. Poor food, poor service.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere but the food was very spotty. Waffle and quail appetizer above average. Mac n cheese was good. Corn side was by far the best thing our party of four had. My steak was way over cooked. Medium rare was well done and the quality of the meat was subpar. The rest of the food was ok. Service was good.

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped in on a Sunday around noon and I was hoping to get the crabcakes I had seen on a yelp review. We were handed a menu that had lunch on the back and brunch on the front. The crabcakes were nowhere to be found so they must be a dinner item. I didn't see any brunch items I liked and tried to order off the back of the menu which said could be served from 11 to 3. But I was told I could only got brunch. This was disappointing since there was only one thing on the brunch menu that looked interesting to me. The beet salad was very delicious with a great vinaigrette, and my table mates got the pesto chicken flatbread. It was good food, but I didn't feel the customer service was very good when it came to the timeframe written on the menus.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This spot is right on the corner going into Encinitas. It has a great HH and amazing flat breads. It fills up quick so the earlier the better, we went at 5 and found parking in the back. If you are looking for a quiet diner this is not the place it is load and entertaining