“Surprising find for Lunch”

UNION Kitchen & Tap
Reserve with OpenTable
UNION Kitchen & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 305 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: J Street
Description: UNION Kitchen & Tap offers New American Cuisine in an inviting, warm, and comfortable restaurant setting. The frequently changing menu relies heavily on organic, local ingredients and offer a variety of options to choose from including seasonal salads, hearty sandwiches, and a number of signature dishes for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. UNION Kitchen & Tap also offers a full complement of local craft beers, small vintage wines, and signature cocktails.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This place was an amazing surprise for us. We wanted to eat someplace else in Encinitas, but there was no parking. We decided to eat here on a whim. What a wonderful surprise we had in store for us at this restaurant. The service is terrific the food is really great for a casual, comfortable restaurant. In addition the prices are very reasonable, the food quality is top notch, and the prices are reasonable. We had the gumbo soup, the pork sliders, and the beat salad. we all really like our selections and was very happy we chose to eat here.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Union with some colleagues during a very large convention. Even though it was a busy time of evening,we were seated promptly at a very comfortable outdoor booth.

The wait staff was friendly and helpful and service was quick. I had a goat cheese and dried fig flatbread for my meal, and it was flavorful and delicious with a nice crisp crust.

I would definitely return next time I am in San Diego.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A local spot in our home town in Leucadia! Very relaxed atmosphere and a friendly wait staff! A very popular place for us locals. There brunch is wonderful with sooo much variety in the menu. Their Bloody Mary's are perfect with the entries for brunch! Been for lunch time and you can not go wrong with their burgers! Love sitting along the open big windows that look out on 101 hwy. come and enjoy the ambience!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We have had brunch here twice. Good both times. Had French toast. Delectable. Drinks are top notch. Atmosphere is fun.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This really is two different places in the same place. I'm a little older, and this was a great place to come to have great beer, well made drinks, and good food. However, I came back here after 11 PM and the place totally change. They move table out of the bar to make a big dance floor and the crowd skews way under 30.

So for my early evening experience review I will say I had a good time. Very good and friendly service, good food and great beer and drinks. Plus it opens to the outside so you have a great feeling of being outside when you are inside. Love the decor. Spent a couple of nights here having a good time with friends around 8 to 10 PM. Really enjoyed it, However, if you are over 30, I don't recommend going here after 11 PM, you'll feel really out of place.