“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here two times. The first was a little more than 2 years ago. The second was last week. Both times my visit was prompted by locals and the food was great!! The store front is small and popular so plan ahead. As most restaurants, you can pick up an order to go. Whether you eat in or take out, ask for the house popcorn as a side treat.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This very tiny, always crowded restaurant has been buzzed about and raved about in the local press ever since it opened. Since it is always crowded it took us awhile to get here and both of us could only shrug our shoulders in disbelief over the buzz. We went here for a Sunday lunch after church and there was plenty of room - finally! My hubby got a traditional style pizza and I got a veggie on their gluten free crust. Service was OK but neither of our pizzas was worth the trip. I admit it is hard to get a good gluten free crust but we regularly order from Pizzacatto and this pizza could not hold a candle to the ones Ive enjoyed from Pizzacatto or even some of the better frozen pizzas I keep at home. I'm glad others like Blue Ribbon but there are better places to eat in downtown Encinitas and we'll save our pizza calories to indulge elsewhere.

1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were in Encinitas to see a show at Intrepid Shakespeare, and stumbled into this place for dinner. To be honest it hadn't been our first choice, but the other place was too crowded to be sure we'd make the show. I'm glad we ended up here! The pizzas were delicious, with a nice choice of varieties. Nice beer selection, pleasant space, good service. Just what the doctor ordered.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

First time in the area and this is what the locals recommended. They were right. From the popcorn appetizer and bruschetta to the selection of pizza, enjoyed it all!

1  Thank rhank10
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Always excellent - our family "Go To" pizzeria! We especially love the "Staff's Favorite" pizza. The salads are all lovely, and the deviled eggs appetizer is wonderful. We frequent BR weekly. Highly recommend.