“GREAT EGGS BENEDICTS”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Santa Fe Cafe
Reviewed 21 May 2012

A very nice restaurant, great menu, good service, bright and cheery, really good coffee and great eggs benedict and hash browns. Really nice fruit dish. And the price was good

There are newer reviews for Santa Fe Cafe

Reviewed 22 November 2011

the menue looks good but it is not prepared tasty enough to pay that much. Nobody came to refill coffee. Occupied by mainly elderely people.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Sometimes on a Saturday morning, you wake up and don't feel like making breakfast. At least I do. My husband and I live down the street from the Santa Fe Cafe. You'd hardly notice it driving by, unless you knew to look for it. And you wouldn't even think anything of it. Our mothers told us to never judge by outward appearances, right? So the same goes for the Santa Fe Cafe. On the inside, their customer service is warm and extremely friendly, their prices are what I don't mind spending for breakfast, and their food is simple on some aspects (if you like more fancy, then I'd recommend you check it out anyway--I'm a simple 2-eggs, bacon and potatoes gal); but I've had the Eggs Benedict and that's delish too! (I think it's called the "California Eggs Benedict".. it has avocado on it and no canadian bacon.) Bottom line, the food is good! (I mention "the inside", but there is outside seating too, but your view is gonna probably be the grill of your automobile.

The song "who are the people in your neighborhood" (from Sesame Street) comes to mind when I think of this place. I often don't know the other people in the diner when we're eating, but it has that same atmosphere. Sometimes I feel I like coming here mostly because the service really does make me feel like I'm known here. The cafe is not flashy, and it's understated, but it's a nice little bite of Encinitas, whether you're one of the neighbors, or whether you're looking for an off-the-beaten-path breakfast while on a family vacation!

I believe they are open for breakfast and lunch, but they close around 3 or something like that. So if you do plan to make a special trip to the cafe, make sure you check their website for exact hours. They are right next to the Honeybaked Ham store and across the parking lot from the Vitamin Store.

Oh, their fare is traditional breakfast stuff (eggs, meat, potatoes or hash browns); but they also serve southwestern style breakfasts (breakfast burrito) as well as omelettes, etc. I believe, after 11am, they begin serving burgers, sandwiches, fries, etc., in addition to the breakfast menu. I only had the lunch menu once; breakfast is probably what they're best known for!

Reservations might be accepted, have never asked. But I know it can tend to get really busy and crowded.