“Not impressed”
Review of The Roxy Encinitas

The Roxy Encinitas
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roxy Encinitas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 305 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: Visit our Classic Main Street Eatery at 517 South Coast Hwy in Downtown Encinitas for 1920's Ambiance, Classic Cocktails, Shared Plates & Live Music. Lunch and Dinner served daily, weekend brunch, and Happy Hour all day Monday and Tue-Fri from 3pm-6pm. Wine Wednesday featuring 50% off bottles of wine. Live music 7 nights as week and for brunch on the weekends!
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stopped in Encinitas for the afternoon as a side trip on our way from Julian to San Diego. We're from the East Coast and were just kind of exploring the area.

Roxy's had a good menu as far as having lots of options, but unfortunately the meal wasn't that great. The food was okay. My husband had a falafel sandwich that was not terrible but could have easily been purchased from any halal food cart (for a much lower price!) in our home city (NYC.) I had a pesto pasta dish that was okay but not amazing. The weirdest thing was that the waitress, although friendly, seemed to have absolutely no idea of how to time delivery of food. We waited quite a long time to order after being seated, and then once we did order, our appetizer came at the same time as the rest of our food. We were baffled but could tell that was the way our waitress thought things were supposed to go. Very strange. We saw the same happen with other people, and everyone seemed as confused as we were, as well as a little put out trying to fit multiple plates on the small outdoor tables. This restaurant could do a much better job then it does.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Went to Roxy based on Trip Advisor reviews. Arrived about 6 pm on a Monday and grabbed an outside table..great place to sit and people watch. Ordered a beer on happy hour and the veggie burrito without cheese ($7.95)..it comes with a bit of a green salad but it had no salad dressing. The waitress was slow in checking on me to see if everything was ok...had already finished my burrito by the time she showed up but got a bit of dressing so I could eat the salad. It wasn't like the place was busy! Burrito was ok but I've had better.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We went to Roxy based on the good reviews, but I can't share the same opinion! We didn't like the food. Their soup special of the day - broccoli soup was really bad and the main dish over fried. The waitress told us about the happy hour specials, we ordedred from that menu as well and at the end were charged full price. The only thing that we agree with the positive reviews was the large size for the portions, but if the food is not great that is not important.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

The food was tasty and interesting. Good value overall. But the service was appalling. Wait staff chatting on the phone, ignoring tables...I was a challenge to get to their attention because they were chatting with their friends. I waited for ages for the bill and decided to drop cash on the table and leave. Stunningly poor.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Roxy is one of my favorite restaurants. When we lived in California and headed down to San Diego for the weekend, we would make it a point to stop at Roxy. I tend to have the same thing --- a cup of their bean soup and a half order of their vegetarian chef salad. The half order is more than enough and I always ask the waitress if anyone ever orders the full size order of the chef salad and if they do can they ever finish it. The bean soup is great, hot, spicy but not spicy and truly delectable served with a slice of toast. Toast with soup? That's a new one for me but a nice addition to the soup. The salad is incredible --- the vegetables are fresh, crisp with the sense of having been picked and harvested that morning. There is a wealth of diverse vegetables and it's quite a meal. If the picture of the half order of chef salads shows up in my upload, the white looking topping is NOT ice cream, or cottage cheese. It's ranch dressing draped over a half an avocado. All this and at a very reasonable price. The atmosphere is funky but we are talking Encinitas, so it fits in well. The waitresses are always very pleasant and attentive. Roxy is a great place and their falafels are considered the best. My wife loves their falafels, as do friends of ours. If you are in the area, don't miss out on an incredible edible treat.