“Best Fish Ever!”

Fish 101
Ranked #2 of 295 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Best Fish Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Fish 101 is consistently amazing!!! I've tried almost everything on the menu at this point and I've never had a mediocre or bad meal. The fish is the freshest of anywhere I've ever been.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grilled and grilled just right.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

A small, order then sit down local place. Everything was amazing. The service was great. I will definitely go there again when I'm back in San Diego.

They had 3 specials of the day. I had one and chose 2 of the 6 or 7 special sides for my sides. I ordered the grilled shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. They also had desserts that looked great and 3 selections of oysters.

There's seating outside in the front, a large room inside and then a covered patio out back. My party sat out front because it was the most open area and the weather was beautiful as you would expect in San Diego. I really wouldn't want to sit in the patio area.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mike R
Tucson, Arizona
“Hard to Find A Fish Place Like This Nowadays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

You always think you'll find some simple fish place where the ambiance would suit a sailor and the fish would be perfectly cooked. This is it. The line was long and it was hard to find a seat. But the fish was divine and we couldn't have been happier with the informality of the place.

Hutto, Texas
“another surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We had dinner one afternoon and were delightfully amazed! We had oysters (not often done) and were delighted. The other dishes were also very well done while the service was very good at a modest price. I would highly recommend Fish 101 and enjoy the day!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Grill person has problems”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Went with a friend who had been to this restaurant since it opened. We ordered oysters, delicious. Ordered halibut filets, and they were hammered, dry, and tough. We sent them back and ate our sides which were also delicious. The second set of filets came out just as bad as the first ones. We eat about half and could not finish. The restaurant was very busy, and it wasn't worth a third try. Too bad the owners are letting the quality drop. Won't be back.