“Maybe The Best Burger Ever!”
Review of Mr. Peabody's

Mr. Peabody's
Ranked #62 of 297 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a family owned and operated neighborhood bar & grill with live music, billiards and sports on every TV. Our original recipes are made from scratch daily using the finest quality ingredients available. We pride ourselves on serving huge portions at a price anyone can afford. We are known for having the best happy hour around, reverse happy hour, open late, late kitchen, Monday Night Open Mic with Jay Cain 8pm, Sunday Night Jazz Jam with Tony Ortega 6pm, Tuesday Night Karaoke with Daniel Grunnan and Live Bands Thursday-Saturday 9pm. We are known for turkey burgers, turkey tacos, prime rib 13.99 Thursday-Sunday, White Sea Bass Dinner 12.99 Every Day, Daily sandwich specials, fish and chips, build your own bloody marys (2.75 till 2pm daily), $1 mimosas & breakfast tacos 7am-11am, friendly service, great patio and great place to watch sports - NFL, MLB, golf, NBA, BTN, TVG. Conveniently located across the street from the Moonlight Beach Days Inn, walking distance to Moonlight Beach and Encinitas Transit Center / Coaster Station. Our kitchen is open Friday & Saturday from 7am-1am, Sunday-Thursday 7am-Midnight. Happy Hour every day from 3pm-6pm $2.75 well cocktails, domestic drafts, house wines, $1 Tacos and 75¢ Wings & Ribs - all night happy hour on Wednesdays. Bar is open daily till 2am. We hope to serve you soon!
Encinitas, California
“Maybe The Best Burger Ever!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

OK, it's not fancy by a long shot but I ordered their daily special on a Tuesday which happened to be the 1/2 pound burger. When it arrived in about 10 minutes, I could barely believe my eyes. It was the largest hand-formed patty I'd ever seen other than on a Food Channel challenge.
I wish I had taken a picture of this monster burger to show but I had to taste it immediately. The roll was perfectly toasted and served with huge slices of tomato and red onion. The dill pickles were a treat by themselves. The huge dills were sliced diagonally very thin. It made their flavor very special. I ordered my burger rare and the flavor was just amazing. It tasted like ground sirloin. It made my list as one of the best burgers ever.
Now here's some additional info. Considering my lady friend and I visited Peabody's during the World Cup US-Belgium Soccer game and that the place was completely packed, the fact that we got our food in 10 minutes was very impressive. Oh, my friend's Buffalo Chicken Salad was one of the largest salads I've ever seen. She could not even come close to finishing it.
Now, here's the really amazing part. This burger was on sale for $5.49!! Try this place and you'll be very impressed. It's easy to reach off of Interstate 5 and Encinitas Blvd. One more thing: on the weekends they serve a Prime Rib dinner for less than $12 that's exceptional too. The loaded baked potato is really good. Enough said. Try it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joel K

LosAngeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice visit”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

huge amount of food, great reggae band for entertainment.Right across the blvd. Moonlight beach is a great family beach about 3 blocks away. The service was good and the seating arrangements were engaging. The overall location is great as it is easy accessible . The menu was plentiful. Peabody's was a friendly atmosphere. The drinks were good enough and the restaurant had a good enough selection of beers.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chris S
Danville, California
“What a surprise”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We dropped our dog off for grooming at the Petco next door, and decided to give this place a try. Well, I had one of the best steaks I've eaten in a long time. The clam chowder was fantastic, the crab cakes were delicious, and for dessert we had an awesome cheesecake. What a surprise dining experience from what appeared to be a neighborhood sports bar. Highly recommend.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mbpaskow
Carlsbad, California
“The food will amaze you!!!- The service... not so much!!!!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We are here all the time! It is like a Cheers bar with the best food ever! Breakfast scrambles are awesome and we always split one and couple it with a build - your - own $3 bloody mary.... YUM!!!-
The service is often slow... but the food is always worth the wait

1 Thank Lisalynni
Santa Clarita, California
“I Will Swim Thru The Sea Of "Mature" Folk For The Prime Rib Sandwich!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Ok...soooooo...if youre a middle aged man or woman looking for a bar to shake your little booties to a cover band while mingling with fellow "vintage" party goers then this is your place!!!! We found this place by yelping "burgers" near our hotel in encinitas and we thought...oooo a bar??? awesome burgers??? live music??? we are there!!!

Uhhhh....Not EXACTLYYYY what we expected but not the WORST place ever so dont get me wrong at all (mainly the star review is for the food..but we shall get to that in a sec). As we took a seat at a table in front of the bar, kinda excited at the SANTANA cover band taking the stage...we looked around & noticed that everyone around was a little..how should i put this..."seasoned" & well past their expiration date. i think its kind of adorable seeing older folk getting down to the band on stage while getting hit on by the neighborhood old guy (who im pretty sure was a lady killah back in his prime lol) making his rounds to every cougar sitting at the bar. It was a little comical that every younger girl that wandered in looking for a saturday night hot spot would take one look around & kinda giggle thinking "HMMM NOT MY NORMAL CLUB CROWD BUT ITS STILL A BAR"...then belly up to the bar order a drink to then get caught in the crosshares of at least ONE of the GREY WOLFS waiting to prey on fresh meat...and then proceed quickly & expeditiously to the door with a confused look on their faces now thinking...."NOOOO NOT MY NORMAL CLUB CROWD AT ALL." lol
I think this is definetly a local hot spot for the older crowd but thats not necessarily a bad thing it just depends what you are looking for as an evening outing.

Now on to the greatest thing at this place and the main reason for the 4 star rating (and it WILLLLLLL keep us coming back despite it all) 3 words....THE PRIME RIB SANDWICH!!! ok wait thats actually 4 words...its so amazing i cant even count!! holyyy mosesss this this was unbelievable & shocked the crap outta me & my boyfriend that something so delicious would come outta this dive-barish place!! probably the tastiest prime rib sandwich iv ever had. Ortega chilies..loads of prime rib & cheese...and the au jus....i just wanted a glass full of that to drink!! haha. The french fries were perfect and I KNOWWWW my BF was jealous watching me eat my sandwich because with every bite i saw him staring at it hoping id drop a piece of meat so he could pounce on it...hahah ya its that good!

But all in all the atmosphere was nice the waitress was VERRRY nice & attentive...not somewhere a younger crowd would partyyy but definetly a cool little dive bar to sit..enjoy a beer (and perhaps a car bomb or 2) and STUFF YOUR FACE WITH THE GREATEST PRIME RIB SANDWICH ON EARTH!!!

• Visited June 2013