“Cupcake Fantasy Come True”

Elizabethan Desserts
Ranked #5 of 10 Bakeries in Encinitas
Carlsbad, CA
“Cupcake Fantasy Come True”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have tried just about every hot spot for cupcakes in the county, but my favorite cupcake of all time sits in all it's luscious ness at Elizabethan. Their cupcakes are so good that I brought a friend from out of town here because I wanted her to share the cupcake love. The place is adorable with the Tiffany blue retro decor and I love the option of getting a mini or a regular size. Usually the answer is a mini for now and a full size to go. The coffee one is to die for, but really you can't go wrong with any of them.

• Visited April 2014

Los Angeles, California
“The only problem is having to make a choice”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Everything, and I mean everything, is delicious here. I can never decide what I want, and I inevitably buy more than I intended. All the brownies are off the charts, although I am partial to the Mexican one. The muffins make a great breakfast. Just enjoy!!

• Visited March 2014
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,411 helpful votes
“Oh so yummy desserts! One of the best in SD County”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place has DELICIOUS desserts. The reviews are spot on target. We discovered this place only because it's just down from one of our favorite sushi places (Kaito). The address on TripAdvisor is wrong as they moved. Their address is 114 N. El Camino Real Encinitas 92024.

The store is really beautiful and the cupcakes and pies are really delicious. We got some stuff to go and it was really great. Definitely a hidden gem and RUN don't walk to get some delicious desserts.

• Visited March 2014
Encinitas, California
“Best cupcakes!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Elizabethan Desserts make the most beautiful and delicious cupcakes with incredible attention to detail. There is quite a variety, and some of the flavors are seasonal and just there for a limited time. The thing that I like the most is that they have mini cupcakes, so I can try lots of different flavors! They were in a very cute little rustic building in a nursery near Quail Gardens, but they've moved to a more commercial spot at 114 N El Camino Real in Encinitas. It's a very cute little storefront, but somewhat hard to find if you don't look carefully.

• Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Best Cupcakes in SD!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I read about Elizabethan Desserts on a dessert blog awhile back and put it on my list of bakeries to visit. I was in the area this past weekend and finally got to try some cupcakes!

Right off the bat, I'll say that Elizabethan Desserts has the best cupcakes (maybe ever)! When cupcakeries started popping up all over the country, I got excited and tried a bunch of places but was always disappointed. I found most were dry, crumbly, boring, and had too much frosting, making the dessert sickeningly sweet. Over the years I have come across a few that I'm a fan of and I'm happy to add Elizabethan to that list.

I was happy to see they had a case full of desserts even though it was mid-afternoon and crowded. I asked the girl at the counter what their most popular flavors were so I could sample a few and ended up with: a chocolate toffee, a colin's peanut butter wag, a churro cupcake, and an apple rollie pollie. All three cupcakes were scrumptious, but my favorite was the peanut butter one. It tasted exactly like a reese's! The chocolate cake was moist held up to the richness of the frosting. The churro was delicious and I liked that at least one wasn't chocolate. The cinnamon cake was really light and fluffy. Letting it sit in room temp a few minutes let the cake lose some of its moisture and actually seemed to make it lighter. The chocolate toffee was my least fav. I thought it was a bit too rich, but that could be because I also had the peanut butter chocolate one. The apple rollie pollie was just ok. I had a few bites at the bakery and took the rest home. Per the girl's suggestion, I heated the rest up in the microwave and it really did make a huge difference. It wasn't as good as I was led to believe but still pretty good. I definitely want to go back to Elizabethan Desserts, but next time, I'll stick with the cupcakes.

I pointed out to the bf that they have my namesake (Elizabeth) and there's an abundance of mint green decor (which is my favorite color). However, those two factors have nothing to do with my liking for this pastry shop ;) They just have amazing cupcakes!

• Visited October 2013