“Consistently good vegetarian”
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #55 of 302 Restaurants in Encinitas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant several times and have enjoyed such a healthy alternative. The dishes are tasty. The portions are big but you never come out feeling overstuffed. I would visit more often but they do not vary the menu much.

There are newer reviews for Native Foods Cafe

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I loved the extensive Vegan menu, which was not just limited to salads and cold selections, which is tends to be the case in lots of Vegan cafes.
I love the hot food selections such as..The Soul bowl , Butternut polenta bites, among others. The Azteca salad was good, however It would have been better with a better selection of lettuces..( was mostly ice-berg and romaine )
The Vegan chocolate cupcakes were divine and piled high with delicious creamy chocolate frosting. I'm looking forward to returning and eating my way through their menu!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my first vegan restaurant, and I went with a group. After reading the menu, I was a little confused. It said they had meat, until I read a little more closely what the meat and dairy actually were. I guess I just don't understand why a vegan would want to "pretend" to eat meat and dairy. I have to say, I had a southwest type salad with beans, chicken (?), lettuce, tomato, cheese (?), and tortilla strips. I have to say that if I didn't know the chicken wasn't chicken, I never would have known. The salad was very good. Then I got this beautiful cupcake - carrot cake with cream cheese (?) frosting. The frosting was a little different texture, but it tasted like cream cheese! Later found out it was tofutti. The sweet potato fries were killer good! Nice and crispy. Several home made drinks that were fruit based. I had the watermelon mint, and it was very refreshing.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Due to health concerns my husband is moving towards vegan. While I do not eat much meat I do like dairy and some fish.
We went to Native foods last week and I was very pleased.
The menu was extensive with fresh faire offered.
The salad and I and the barbecue "chicken" bowl my husband had was chocked full of a variety of fresh veggies. I tasted the "chicken" and was pleasantly surprised at the taste and texture.
I will go again and perhaps try a "meatball" sandwich.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very open, inviting. All the staff were super nice and everything was freshly made. I can't say it was the best thing I ever had but it was a pretty decent meal after a week of eating on the go. It would be especially inviting to those who are vegetarian, vegan or looking for a gluten free meal!