“Wonderful! Love Firenze!”
Review of Firenze Trattoria

Firenze Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Firenze Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 303 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester / Encinitas Blvd
Description: Welcome to Firenze Trattoria. Our authentic Italian restaurant is just around the corner, in beautiful North County, San Diego. However, it feels like you're thousands of miles away in the Hill Country of Italy's Tuscany - we offer one of the most romantic Tuscan restaurant atmospheres out of all San Diego Italian restaurants. Whether you are looking for Italian food in Rancho Santa Fe or a romantic dining occasion in Encinitas, we are primed to serve you! Join us for unparalleled Italian food nestled on the beautiful border of Encinitas and Rancho Santa Fe. Experience Italian dining Al Fresco in our Tuscan villa inspired patio. Italian food coupled with an elegant atmosphere makes Firenze Trattoria a perfect way to enjoy San Diego's pleasant summer evenings. Or choose the perfect table inside our comfortable dining rooms, both public and private. And don't pass up our well-appointed bar room. A local favorite North County San Diego restaurant gathering spot - here's to celebrating the day with old friends and new ones.
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had the pleasure of experiencing the sumptuous, happy hour at Firenze on a recent Thursday evening.They offer an extensive menu of appetizer delights,and a full bar including everything one might be looking for from wine,beer to cocktails.I had a most refreshing,tasting Basil-Citroen martini.New to the menu,it greatly appealed to me and and to a few patrons sitting at the bar who I offered a taste to.Quite refreshing.Impossible to drink just 1.The food was top-notch.THE most tender,non greasy in any way, Calamari,served with a wonderful marinara sauce.The eggplant rollatini,roasted brussel sprouts and chicken parm all equally succulent,flavorful and cooked perfectly.And served hot!Often not the case in other Italian restaurants.The staff at the bar are very friendly and hospitable and go out of their way to accommodate their patrons in a very pleasant manner.Needless to say,after that happy hour I couldn't possibly ingest more so I needed to come back for dinner,which I did on the following Saturday night with my son.Again, we had a 1st-class experience from the warm,welcoming hostess,busboy and waitress,the entire staff here appears sincerely eager to make the dining experience a memorable one.Which they certainly did.I had a moist,perfectly cooked snapper dish on a bed of spinach and my son had the combination eggplant-chicken parm,which also was tender,succulent and was a portion too difficult to finish.The drinks again were executed to perfection.Decadent chocolate cake and tiramisu ended the meal with splendor.My kudos go out to the entire staff,both inside and outside of the kitchen for a job very well done.It is obvious that all those involved in Firenze enjoy and appreciate their job,which translates to the patron,making this establishment a place not to be missed if you are in the area.I can't wait to return.Thank you Firenze!

1  Thank chefman3316

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a retired businessman. When I had my company, I demanded excellence from my business, employees, and especially myself. This is why Firenze is my favorite restaurant. Excellent service, fantastic quality, wonderful atmosphere. Great place to relax and enjoy a meal and take as much time as needed, never feeling rushed. The staff remembers me each time I go there. Love the Chicken Marsala! Tried the happy hour menu for the first time last week, and must have tried nearly everything on it! A must on anyone's list that expects the best!

1  Thank dave d
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I were on a vacation to San-Diego. We were staying in Encinitas and were loooking for good Italian food. We looked on Google and found Firenze. We were thrilled to have such great food, terrific, friendly service in a great setting! We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone living in the area or passing through San Diego.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My son, friend and I went to experience this place we have been driving by for years. What a mistake. Now I know why my friends never suggest it as a good place to dine. The food was overpriced and mediocre. The drinks high. I don't even think they made the food there is was so poorly done. Everything was ala carte. The salad was limp from too much dressing and sitting around too long. I believe the salad was $15 alone.

Perhaps some will be willing to pay to sit outside and look at the view from the patio---but go to La Valencia instead.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've been on a hunt for the best San Diego Italian Food... and although little Italy is the home of pasta in San Diego, I think I've been missing out - that is until I found Firenze Trattoria.... I loved everything about it from the fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to my favorite, favorite part, the Salmon! So good, on a bed of pasta with fresh vegetables. It was beautifully prepared. The outside of the salmon was almost caramelized. The wine selection was very nice as well and overall it was a great dinner. Parking was much easier than little Italy as well! Located on the border of Rancho Santa Fe and Encinitas - it is easy to get to if you take the Manchester exit and sneak around the back way to Encinitas Blvd. I will be back soon!