“Pricey, but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Firenze Trattoria

Firenze Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Firenze Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 295 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Manchester / Encinitas Blvd
Description: Welcome to Firenze Trattoria. Our authentic Italian restaurant is just around the corner, in beautiful North County, San Diego. However, it feels like you're thousands of miles away in the Hill Country of Italy's Tuscany - we offer one of the most romantic Tuscan restaurant atmospheres out of all San Diego Italian restaurants. Whether you are looking for Italian food in Rancho Santa Fe or a romantic dining occasion in Encinitas, we are primed to serve you! Join us for unparalleled Italian food nestled on the beautiful border of Encinitas and Rancho Santa Fe. Experience Italian dining Al Fresco in our Tuscan villa inspired patio. Italian food coupled with an elegant atmosphere makes Firenze Trattoria a perfect way to enjoy San Diego's pleasant summer evenings. Or choose the perfect table inside our comfortable dining rooms, both public and private. And don't pass up our well-appointed bar room. A local favorite North County San Diego restaurant gathering spot - here's to celebrating the day with old friends and new ones.
San Diego, CA
“Pricey, but good”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This restaurant appears to be very popular, and apparently highly rated. We live close by, and have been only a couple of times. Decided to go for an anniversary recently. Cocktails and wine appeared very pricey. Food was good, but wish they would have had more authentic Italian pasta dishes. Prices for entrees seemed inline, but with drinks beforehand, pumps up quickly. My feeling was that in this price category, there are several other close by options I'd consider first. Have a wide choice of menu items, but if you particularly like pasta spaghetti, Firenze might be a good option. Service was competent.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adequate”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

When my family and I got to Firenze, it looked promising. There was nice decor, and a cool fountain. However, we got our menus and the lighting was so dim we could not see. When we finally ordered drinks, it took 10 minutes just to bring them out. Afterwards, it took another 20 minutes just to order the food, and another 20 to get it. The only thing good about this hotel was the food.

Conclusion:
Food/ 3
Service: 2
Decor: 2

The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Lasagne - which reinforces the reputation”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had been told this place had a truly great lasagne. Turns out they were right. It was served in a huge portion, lovely bechamel sauce. Nice wine list, try a Super Tuscan with the lasagne, have the waiter decant it - that really brings out the meat flavors. The desserts were very good too - I tried the Bourbon Butter Pecan Gelato - outstanding!

We sat outside - they have plenty of heaters to keep you comfortable on cool Californian nights. Overall a nice place but you might have to work to get the waitstaff's attention.

• Visited March 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Wonderful! Love Firenze!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I had the pleasure of experiencing the sumptuous, happy hour at Firenze on a recent Thursday evening.They offer an extensive menu of appetizer delights,and a full bar including everything one might be looking for from wine,beer to cocktails.I had a most refreshing,tasting Basil-Citroen martini.New to the menu,it greatly appealed to me and and to a few patrons sitting at the bar who I offered a taste to.Quite refreshing.Impossible to drink just 1.The food was top-notch.THE most tender,non greasy in any way, Calamari,served with a wonderful marinara sauce.The eggplant rollatini,roasted brussel sprouts and chicken parm all equally succulent,flavorful and cooked perfectly.And served hot!Often not the case in other Italian restaurants.The staff at the bar are very friendly and hospitable and go out of their way to accommodate their patrons in a very pleasant manner.Needless to say,after that happy hour I couldn't possibly ingest more so I needed to come back for dinner,which I did on the following Saturday night with my son.Again, we had a 1st-class experience from the warm,welcoming hostess,busboy and waitress,the entire staff here appears sincerely eager to make the dining experience a memorable one.Which they certainly did.I had a moist,perfectly cooked snapper dish on a bed of spinach and my son had the combination eggplant-chicken parm,which also was tender,succulent and was a portion too difficult to finish.The drinks again were executed to perfection.Decadent chocolate cake and tiramisu ended the meal with splendor.My kudos go out to the entire staff,both inside and outside of the kitchen for a job very well done.It is obvious that all those involved in Firenze enjoy and appreciate their job,which translates to the patron,making this establishment a place not to be missed if you are in the area.I can't wait to return.Thank you Firenze!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank chefman3316
Rancho Santa Fe, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“By far my favorite restaurant in San Diego!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am a retired businessman. When I had my company, I demanded excellence from my business, employees, and especially myself. This is why Firenze is my favorite restaurant. Excellent service, fantastic quality, wonderful atmosphere. Great place to relax and enjoy a meal and take as much time as needed, never feeling rushed. The staff remembers me each time I go there. Love the Chicken Marsala! Tried the happy hour menu for the first time last week, and must have tried nearly everything on it! A must on anyone's list that expects the best!

• Visited January 2014