“Quaint and cozy”
Review of Leucadia Beach Inn

Leucadia Beach Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Encinitas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

All the rooms are different and the one we had was really nice. Large size, although the bathroom is small. No breakfast but a coffee pot (great coffee at very short walking distance). The 'kitchen' had a stove range, sink, small frig, microwave, and enough dishes to get by. A/C worked well. Staff were very nice. The place kept really clean and very welcoming. As others have mentioned, parking is limited and since we had a Ford 150 truck we parked on the street (no problem). We were there on business and would return. We got a really good deal online (early) and then wanted to stay another night. Online could not add that night so I called the Inn and she gave me a new reservation with the extra night and charged me the same low price as online. Very nice.

Room Tip: I only know the room we had was very nice and I believe it was room 7.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Leucadia Beach Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great location, great price, clean room! There is nothing more I can ask for. It is in the middle of everything and you can walk to the beach or a diner or a liquor store. We didn't make a reservation and stayed there at the recommendation of my brother, who lives in Encinitas. The lady at the desk, Karen, was pleasant and gave us the room for 2 nights (we wanted 3 but she was booked).
The room had a tile floor (I prefer this to walking on carpet barefoot at most hotels) and a kitchenette, fully stocked. The bathroom is small but clean and does the job. We paid well under 100 bucks a night which was less expensive to anywhere we stayed in Cali during our 7 day trip. I am a light sleeper and was worried the Coaster (train service) across the street would wake me but the room is sound proof I guess because I never heard it.
Would love to stay again if we make it back to Encinitas....this time I'll make reservations ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a small gem of an hotel positioned on the coast highway 101 only a couple of hundred yards from the beach. The rooms are simple but clean and feature flat screen tv's. There is a small courtyard with bar b q facilities and some loungers. The position of this inn is perfect surrounded by small bars and restaurants along a popular strolling area in a seaside beach town with very casual ambiance. Book early to avoid dissapointment especially at weekends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It's rare to have a full kitchen, dining table and chairs, a comfortable bed with such pretty views. This one-story inn is engulfed with beautiful plants, numerous places to sit outside, and is walking distance to anything you could want: markets, restaurants, the beach. I was ill when I checked in. They cared about me like a mom would. I would highly recommend the staff as well as the cozy comforts of the rooms. It is also a great price for such a good location on Highway 101 near the ocean.

Room Tip: I liked Room 4 because it has plant views on both windows.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very clean,sweet rooms with a one block walk to beach.Centrally located to everything! I lived in Leucadia in 1977 and even though it has been built up more,the Inn seems like nothing changed.So quaint! I would stay there every time !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget M
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Clean, comfortable, cozy... casual, convenient, cost-effective critter-friendly. Offers most basics you need. Lots of dining and businesses close by.

Weather was chilly, rooms were cold, and use of portable space heater was necessary. Noise from Amtraks and freights several times per hour 24/7. Trains were not as annoying as road traffic, but they leave a nasty soot on everything, even with windows closed. Public beach access is at least a 15-minute walk.

No ice machine, but freezer is big enough to hold a bought bag. The lack of room phones could be a serious issue in an emergency arises when someone is alone and can't get to/use use their own cell.

Management staff is often MIA, a.k.a., not in the office or anywhere in sight. They leave a note that they are on premises. This is a wee bit too laid back; it would be wiser to have a round the clock presence.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DelilahDreggs
Reviewed 3 February 2014

we stayed at this beautiful motel and had a great time, we initially planned two days but ended up 10 days there because it was so nice!!!! the lady at the front desk even helped us and gave us many good tips in the area

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach
Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach

Been to Leucadia Beach Inn? Share your experiences!