“Great Value, Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Leucadia Beach Inn

Leucadia Beach Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Encinitas B&B and Inns
AZ
“Great Value, Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Stayed 2 nights. Found the room very clean and spacious. Had small kitchen which was great traveling with kids! Great restaurants nearby (try Captn Kenos- fed whole family huge meal for $20!! - just bring cash as they don't take debit cards) Guy at desk very friendly and informative. The only drawback, no fault of the hotel, was it was a little further walk to the beach than we hoped - took about 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 March 2009

This place is quiet, friendly and a great bargain! We would definitely stay here again. The bathroom is a tad small, but the shower was great. It was also nice to not pay $150 for a hotel in this town!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed 18 November 2008

My wife and I stayed here during our two days in town. The man in charge was very rude and told me, when i complained about not having a smoke detetctor in my room ( It looked as tho it was ripped from the ceiling) That I would be asked to leave if I complained any more. And everywhere else was booked so I didnt have a choice. Our bathroom was so discusting that we each only took one shower while we were here. There was mold everywhere in the shower. i would have rathered showered outside with a garden hose. Our room was VERY small. Almost imposible to walk around. the beds were the most uncomfortable thing I have ever attempted to sleep on. When my wife used her hair dryer she blew the fuse in our room and we were without power for an hour or so. the rooms are advertised with a kitchen and dining area, our kitchen had 1 fork 2 spoons and 3 mismatched plates. Our dining area was a 1 foot wide table with 2 folding chairs. Hardly enough room to set one plate. Overall the worst experience I have ever had anywhere!! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank LVchef
Albuquerque, Nm
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I had a single bed, the over all room Clean, nice staff. 3 things I was not Pleased With!
1. NO Hair Dryers I forgot mine.

2.The bed sheet were clean, But they looked liked they were put in a over heated dryer because they were so BADLY WRINKED.

3. The bathroom was So SMALL I simply sat down to go and hit my head on the door nob. travling alone why close the door!!

If you want to stay here even by yourself ASK for 2 beds. I peeked
the rooms are much nicer and larger, Bring your own blow dryer. Don't stay in room #7

S.L. Villazon
Los Angeles, CA

• Liked — Cable / Tv work Great, Small Kitchen, Great shower,1/2 block to the bus
  • Disliked — At night No street lights VERY DARK, Bath room is VERYsmall ! ! !
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2008

This is a fun place to stay in one of my all-time favorite towns. The whole place is different and interesting. Each room is has a different color scheme and layout. It's a unique place that reminds one of the days when these coastal towns were full of interesting places and interesting people. The proprietor is a very friendly and helpful guy who seems like he's been here a long time. He's had fun renovating this place and it shows. It's neat and clean and has the basics that make it a good base for lots of exploration in the area. It's very close to the beach (walking distance) and to some good restaurants and shopping. Driving distance to all kinds of fun in Carlsbad and Cardiff by the Sea. I like the area because you get the feeling of a California beach-town artist colony. This is the only place I stay in my favorite part of southern California!

Stayed March 2007
5 Thank TravelRaven
Reviewed 2 January 2008

So myself and a group of 7 others decided to reserve a 2 bed room for New Year's Eve partying. We all had our concerns about the establishment kicking us out, but they did not, and our party went fine. The beds were creaky, there was no A/C (just a heater), and the alarm clock couldn't keep the correct time. Our sink clogged up magically and moved any cleaning to the bathroom sink. There were no carpets in the room, just tile. I mean, it served it's purpose as being a room where a party could be held, with little sleep involved. But as an actual hotel room, especially for any stay over 2 days/1 night, it wasn't too great. Cheap though!

• Liked — Let us party all night long
  • Disliked — Tile flooring and no AC
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orinda, CA
Reviewed 12 August 2007

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Dirty, dirty, dirty.
I arrived and the unorganized hotel clerk (with an attitude Shawn) thought I had found another hotel despite the 2 faxes I'd sent to make my reservation because no one ever answers the phone there. When I was shown my room, it hadn't been cleaned yet. I went back and was told it was all taken care of however, nothing had been done. I've never seen such a dirty bathroom, floor or bedding. I complained and was given access to "Maria" who did nothing but look at me. I cleaned the room myself because everything else was booked. I would have under no circumstances used the bath towels (I managed to get my own). There was hair everywhere... Best yet, there were no outlets that could handle a hair dryer and we tripped the switch every time we tried.

DO NOT STAY HERE...

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank VasconiFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach
Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

Been to Leucadia Beach Inn? Share your experiences!