“Jacob is extremely RUDE!!!”
Review of Trattoria I Trulli

Trattoria I Trulli
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria I Trulli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 303 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between G & H Street
Transit: Encinitas Coaster stop 3 blocks North and 1 block East of our location
Description: Cozy and quaint setting that will bring you back to Italia! A true trattoria one would find roadside in Tuscany. Our cuisine is traditional authentic Italian. With many classical dishes including homemade lasagne, our classic ricotta & spinach ravioli and gnocchi made in house daily. Bread fresh from the oven every morning compliments our garlicky Sicilian tomato pesto dipping sauce. A rock star wine list with more than 100 bottles offered at every price point and more than 20 wines by the glass to choose from. Daily specials are more contemporary Italian with a range of game meats including rabbit, venison, quail and bison using produce and recipes of the season. Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was taken to I Trulli by our friends who live just down the street. The restaurant doesn't take reservations so we went early 5:30pm Sat evening to beat the crowd. When we a arrived the restaurant was full so we we were told 30 mins wait (party of 4). After 45 minutes and noting many 2 tops being seated ahead of us we asked when we would be seated. We were told we were next. Then, a party of 4 showed up and was almost immediately seated. We asked Jacob if that was our table he gave to the other party and he replied "Yes, you need to have some patience." We were astounded and obviously upset and left the restaurant.

I would starve before I turned my money to Jacob or i Trulli. He proves the adage "it's who you know..."

3  Thank Philip E

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Jacob was his name and he came to our table twice to ask if everything was alright. Now that is a professional touch. Unfortunately, other finer points that turn ordinary into exceptional are lacking. The bread is nondescript, the dip a bit strange ( a tomato sauce); whatever happened to oil and balsamic ( it did arrive after a request). Other touches missing were the rather shallow wine listing and that there was no dessert wine in an Italian restaurant was a stunning deficiency. The second visit of the GM was critical for it arrived just seconds after the second and third course were served together ( we share 3 courses so that we can survive a melody of flavours and still walk away). He apologized and offered a complimentary dessert. Unfortunately we had no room. BTW; the food was of good quality and well seasoned. The street scene was interesting.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have always enjoyed iTrulli, but tonight was...for some reason...extraordinarily good. Congratulations to Jacob on his engagement to his sweetie, so I'm sure that had something to do with the energy in the place tonight! We had the Scottish salmon and the lobster ravioli which were both awesome, but those were the main courses after the most amazing appetizers. We had the clams sauteed in white wine, garlic and basil...truly delicious, but...BUT the best thing of the entire night was the Buratta!!! This is a delicacy that is to be savored and enjoyed bit by bit...just the tiniest of morsels give you a mouthful of flavor, truly incredible! We were transported to Puglia tonight and loved every minute of it...thanks Daniele!!!!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Wonderful Italian cuisine and cute atmosphere. We went for lunch and dinner and both times were great. Although we took our daughter with to dinner, there were not a lot of families there. It would be best for friends or couples.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love the food here and have never had a bad meal. Having said that, I rarely eat here because the tables are so close together and the noise level is so high it's difficult to have a conversation. They do have some tables outside but it's right on PCH so you're dealing with traffic noise..not what I would call intimate dining. Your best bet is to go for lunch and hope they're not really crowded.