“Amazing”
Review of Trattoria I Trulli

Trattoria I Trulli
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria I Trulli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between G & H Street
Transit: Encinitas Coaster stop 3 blocks North and 1 block East of our location
Description: Cozy and quaint setting that will bring you back to Italia! A true trattoria one would find roadside in Tuscany. Our cuisine is traditional authentic Italian. With many classical dishes including homemade lasagne, our classic ricotta & spinach ravioli and gnocchi made in house daily. Bread fresh from the oven every morning compliments our garlicky Sicilian tomato pesto dipping sauce. A rock star wine list with more than 100 bottles offered at every price point and more than 20 wines by the glass to choose from. Daily specials are more contemporary Italian with a range of game meats including rabbit, venison, quail and bison using produce and recipes of the season. Gluten-free & whole grain pastas are available as well as a wide variety of vegetarian items to choose from. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and high quality products for an enchanting experience for all of our guests. Raise your glass and fill your soul with heart and goodness ~ cheers!
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Amazing meals just right Al Dente pasta and nice comfy and homy feeling surroundings make this ecclectic but small restaurant a place not to be missed a favorite with locals and tourists alike. Definitely make a reservation or you will wait an hour. I have never been disappointed

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Compete and viable appetizer menu. Evolving menu based on season and freshness. A large tourist draw but always a few tables held for local regs.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Service was great as well as the food
Very warm and caring staff
Will definitely go there again when in town

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I've been eating at this restaurant for years, and also worth checking out are the owners' other restaruants in Little Italy, downtown (Bon Apetito, La Villa,Sogno di Vino, and more). I Trulli has great food, a community atmosphere, and wonderful and friendly service. Everything you could ask for in a comfortable dining experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was taken to I Trulli by our friends who live just down the street. The restaurant doesn't take reservations so we went early 5:30pm Sat evening to beat the crowd. When we a arrived the restaurant was full so we we were told 30 mins wait (party of 4). After 45 minutes and noting many 2 tops being seated ahead of us we asked when we would be seated. We were told we were next. Then, a party of 4 showed up and was almost immediately seated. We asked Jacob if that was our table he gave to the other party and he replied "Yes, you need to have some patience." We were astounded and obviously upset and left the restaurant.

I would starve before I turned my money to Jacob or i Trulli. He proves the adage "it's who you know..."

3  Thank Philip E