“Excellent Breakfast”

Swami's Cafe
Ranked #40 of 297 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Swamis is great any time of the day but I really enjoy their breakfasts. I had their Acai bowl and it was fantastic, I ate the whole bowl! I have also had their pancakes and breakfast burritos, which are equally as good. The lunch menu is just as good and extensive, I highly recommend this place if you are look for great healthy food!

• Visited June 2013

Encinitas, California
“Best breakfast in town”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Swamis is a great place to go for any meal but it is THE place to go for breakfast in Encinitas. Try the Juevos rancheros, black egg burrito or chilaqueles and you won't regret it. Lots of good stuff for lunch as well, such as the spicy turkey wrap. Food may take a little while to arrive if its a weekend and its packed, but it's worth the wait. Slow down and appreciate the ambiance, as all the seating is outdoors, and gaze at the self realization fellowship across the street or the skinny palms lining the sidewalk. Swamis is an institution in Encinitas for a reason.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Me and my buddy where just driving down the 101 when we spotted Swami's restaurant, locals poring out of the building in line for food. We pulled over to see what the hype was about. To tell you the truth i was suspect at first, at least until i took my first bite of chilaquiles. This mixture of tortilla chips, eggs, cheese and jalapeños was the best i have ever had. Topped with fresh avocado and sour cream the eggs melted in my mouth with a burst of heat and then the creamy texture of that ripe avocado sent it over the edge. Great freaking breakfast, plus Swamis offers fresh juice and wheat grass shots yum yum. Also plenty of healthy gluten free and vegetarian and vegan options make this spot good for everyone..

• Visited August 2013
Olympia, Washington
“Great healthy breakfast to start the day with”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

A college friend recommended this place for breakfast and what a breakfast it was. Very healthy and filling. The wheat waffles were great and the omelette were delicious.

Visited July 2013
Carlsbad, California
“The same but different..not as good but better.”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I like to stop by Swami's Encinitas on my way back from my early morning hike. I frequent the location in Carlsbad too as it is local for me.
The Encinitas cafe has walk up rather than table service. During busy times this creates a bit of problem as people tend to crowd the entrance. Then a server will call out your name and bring you your order...not so good when on my last visit there were three Kevin's dining at the same time. Pretty much all of the seating is external (thank God for southern California weather) and you need to be on the alert from the sparrows that will swoop down to see if they can score a bit of toast.
The menu is the same so I pretty much know what i want before i get there so no need to delay I get staright in line to order.
What i really love about this location is the location...yes it's right on the 101 but traffic is never an issue. I like the rustic and worn look of the place. I like the people who take my order and I love the fact that they have many varieties of coffee on offer and that you serve your self and get your refills. .

• Visited July 2013