“Acai and the beach, no problem!”
Review of Swami's Cafe

Swami's Cafe
Ranked #38 of 296 Restaurants in Encinitas
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Acai and the beach, no problem!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Encinitas visiting my brother for 3 days and I went here twice, just for the Acai bowl! The first day, I had also ordered an iced tea which they didn't bring with the bowl and then told me it wasn't on my order....Ummm I paid 12 bucks, I know I ordered it. Anyway, the bowl was delicious! Most of the berries (raspberry, black berry, blueberry) are frozen but the bananas and strawberries weren't. I don't have a problem with frozen berries but they are not hard as rocks. The second time I went, I just got the bowl. Still delicious!
Great little place near the ocean and the Meditation Gardens. Parking is limited but that seems to be a widespread issue in Cali, not just there.

• Visited September 2013

Encinitas, California
“excellent coffee”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A good local place to meet and have a great cup o joe. Nice friendly staff, mellow local vibe- everyone is not all screwed down tight. They have small eats and sandwiches too I will have to try beigel and locks etc... The barista even made a neat-o little picture in foam on the top of my coffee, all would have been a bummer if the coffee wasn't excellent. My friend had the Mexican mocha which was also delicious.

• Visited January 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great BURRitos (and juice)!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stopped in for lunch last week and were not disappointed! Swami's has massive burritos, enough to split one if you both like the same kind. Otherwise, you will have leftovers, or, if you've just finished surfing, maybe not. We both favor the black bean burrito + chicken. I had the beetroot juice - YUM. This is the kind of place you wait in line to place and pay for your order, and a server brings your order out to you. Tip: if you have time, walk across the street and up the hill to take a 10-15 minute tour of Swami's gardens. They are beautiful zen inspired meditation gardens with gorgeous views from the cliffs over the sea. The cost of entry if free.

• Visited December 2013
San Diego
“Great Outdoor Dining for a Pretty Day”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Order at the counter, get your number and sit down outside. Located right on Hwy 101. The service isn't the quickest….but it's a yummy place to eat. Dog friendly, head to shop at Hansens Surf next door and walk across 101 to the Self Realization Mediation Gardens… Great little local spot.

Visited October 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Swamis is great any time of the day but I really enjoy their breakfasts. I had their Acai bowl and it was fantastic, I ate the whole bowl! I have also had their pancakes and breakfast burritos, which are equally as good. The lunch menu is just as good and extensive, I highly recommend this place if you are look for great healthy food!

• Visited June 2013