“Legoland”

Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed one night before heading to Legoland with family the next day. It's only 15 minutes away. The room is clean and comfortable. The advertise free breakfast, but it's only a danish and coffee, but for free, it's okay. I definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Vik G, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Reviewed 5 November 2012

They kept charging are credit card over and over and it took days to release the hold they had on our credit card. The room was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! We checked in and they had already charged us before they got there and then tried to charge us again on arrival. The room was dusty and filthy.The carpet was very discusting and the blankets were to. That was with out even sitting down.Sat down on hte bed and it felt and sounded like there was a board. Lifted up the matress and yes there was a board. the other bed when you sat down felt like you were almost laying on the floor. Hard to breath so dusty. Hair in the tub and all over the bathroom floor. Bathroom window would not shut wide open and had no screen lead to the alley where several people up all night working on there vehicle. Manager and assistant was sooooo rude. Horrible , if we werent exausted from our long drive we would of checked out and took our loses.We checked out bright and early never to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Robinm1967
Reviewed 15 October 2012

It is what it is. Very basic. Clean room with fridge and microwave. Not dog friendly, even in the parking lot? Convenient spot on the 101 and right next to Fish 101 a must eat in SD county. Breakfast includes bread...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank rugbyjon

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with 2 children and another group of friends in an adjoining room. The rooms were clean. Beds and pillows not luxury but comfortable enough. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. Walking distance to the beach. The owner was fantastic and very helpful. Breakfast was nothing much, but there are great restaurants just down the street and a great little market. I will definitely stay here again. Great stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Vik G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Inn for 2 weeks. After living in Encinitas, we knew the area well. It was our first time at the Ocean Inn and we'll definitely use it as our "go to" spot from now on. We walked to the beach easily. Fish 101 restaurant next door was great. Staff was super friendly and helpful. We highly recommend Ocean Inn.

Room Tip: Second floor corner was quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed for one night here after a recommendation from my mom. Originally had booked a room for Sunday and had to change the day to Thursday, so called the day before and spoke to a man on the phone who was very friendly and helpful in switching the reservation. Then we got in pretty late and luckily caught the front desk lady before she left. She was also very friendly, let me know she was leaving and if I had any problems that there was someone on staff that could be reached. Everyone I encountered working there was nothing but nice to me and my boyfriend. The room was simple but clean, a very no frills type of place but serves its purpose if you just need a place to crash on vacation. It is also located in a convenient/neat area (the man who was there when we checked out suggested going to the meditation gardens which we did and had a nice walk after our breakfast!) Overall it is definitely worth the price, will come back again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angeladun88

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I used to vacation in Encinitas and wanted a nice place to stay. I booked my room here as a solo traveler. I love this place! It is so clean and quaint. The front desk was always friendly. The complaint about the noise from the train makes me laugh because any coastal town from Orange County to San Diego has this problem. The beach access was easy to find and great parking. The hotel located away from the downtown business but close to the action. I will book again when I visit Encinitas again. The bed was super comfortable and I slept well. I'm not a good sleeper. I liked the decorations and the room was super clean and cozy just the way I like it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy W
Vik G, Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Days Inn Encinitas- Moonlight Beach
Portofino Beach Inn - Encinitas
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites At Moonlight Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
Cardiff by the Sea Lodge
#1 of 2 in Cardiff-by-the-Sea

Been to Rodeway Inn - Encinitas? Share your experiences!