“Encinitas the sweet funky town I remember”

Rodeway Inn - Encinitas
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Encinitas
San Anselmo, California
“Encinitas the sweet funky town I remember”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is clean with firm bed and close to all the great surf spots of northern San Diego county.
After paying too much for a hotel in mission beach I found this newer hotel just south of Carlsbad. The location is the sweet town of Luecadia which has not changed much since I lived here in 1972. This hotel is reasonable, clean, has great tv, a microwave and a fridge. Perfect for a surf or a family trip to the local beaches.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Phoebe V
Vik G, Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, 11 July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just wanted to share a quick note. We recently had to stay here due to water repairs on our home and loved it. It was budget friendly, the management REALLY cares about their guests and the quality of the stay (I think they live on site...so you never have to worry about not getting the service you need if something happens.), and the cleaning people really do a good job (unlike the quick swipes a lot of places limit their effort to). It was quite and the doors are all outside doors...which is nice. The rooms are large...windows in bathrooms...which I don't even have in my spacious home. Decent sized ice boxes. Microwaves and nice TV's. Specially if you are traveling with family....I'd stay here. The location off the 101 can't be beat. You avoid a whole lot of 5 traffic taking the 101.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cassandra J
Thank you for your comments.
Portola Valley, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This small motel is conveniently located near the beach on a quiet stretch of old Pacific Coast Highway. Recently remodeled, the rooms are fresh and clean. Staff is pleasant, competent, helpful. Parking is easy. Stayed four days, never heard a train. No swimming pool and the continental breakfast is a bit spare, but competitive reasonable prices make this a great value.

Room Tip: Room 221 is an end room close to stairs with an extra side window for great cross ventilation.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carl C
Vik G, Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your comments and have a great summer
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying we drove 12 hours from Southern New Mexico and I am 27 weeks pregnant. We were tired and sore when we got in. The front staff member was very courteous and gave us directions to several beaches when asked. The room was very clean. I was concerned when I sat on the bed, as it seemed really hard, but I can tell you that I had the best nights sleep I've had in literally years (car accident 3 years ago messed up my back and neck). No pain at all when I woke up. There isn't a pool, but that is fine with the beach being right down the road (10 minute walk). A continental breakfast is offered starting , but we had to hit the road early, so didn't get to experience it. All in all, we weren't really expecting much, but were very pleasantly surprised with this place. We will stay there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kahlan112
Vik G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for your comments and I glad you found a good resting spot and felt rejuvenated we hope to see you again with the new addition, all the staff here wish you all the best. Thank you
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The rooms are very clean . The management staff lives on sight and they are very friendly and do a great job. Great location. They offer a continental breakfast which is convenient. The beds are comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Judthmn
Vik G, Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your comments very much appreciated and we would love to see soon.
Wendover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I admit I was skeptical about staying here after reading some reviews, so glad I ignored them!
Clean rooms, decent shower, new, firm bed. Didn't really notice train noise, but if you're a light sleeper - take earplugs! Can't wait to stay here again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Vik G, Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time in sending your comments we highly appreciate them and look forward to seeing you again
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was skeptical about staying in a "Inn" because Im use to a hotel w/ 3 stars. My boyfriend and I agreed that we had a pleasant stay. The reception was soo sweet, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We will stay again on our next visit to Encinitas

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Vik G, General Manager at Rodeway Inn - Encinitas, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encinitas
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach
Carlsbad Seapointe Resort
Carlsbad Seapointe Resort
#5 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Rodeway Inn - Encinitas? Share your experiences!