“Best soup in Town!”

Jorge's Mexicantessen
Ranked #56 of 314 Restaurants in Encinitas
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Its quick, cheap, and homemade. A real winner! Its very casual, most people get their food to go however there is casual seating. Everyone I know is a regular and loves Jorges. Bonus: Nice spicy Salsa!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The Soup, The Soup, the Soup.
Sometimes the kids fake sick just so I'll go get the soup. Yes, it's that good.
You won't know, if you don't go.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

On all our visits to stay with lifelong friends in Encinitas we eat at this superb Mexican restaurant.
The food is wonderful.My personal favourite chimichangas are delicious and huge and the tostadas are particularly great.On our recent trip to Encinitas earlier this month we ate there on seven occasions....that's how good it is.
Last year I developed pneumonia and I swear it was the chicken soup not the antibiotics that cured me!!!!!
Our friends think we only visit not to see them but to eat at Jorges!!!!

1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My daughter swears that the only thing that makes her feel better when she is out sick from school is Jorge's chicken soup. The last time she was sick I bought 7 large containers over a 2 day period. Of course, I had some too because it is so yummy. I love the fresh avocado they add. Lots of people order it without the rice but not us. Their rolled tacos and guacamole are also a favorite.

1  Thank PilotsWife27
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Frsh clean yummy mexican food, I think it is somones grandmother back in the open kitchen, Everyone loves the chicken soup. You can get it spicy or not. The soup is a meal in itself but try what ever dish you love and I am sure you won't be disappointed. I love half a grande tostada with carnitas. Well got go run over to get some home cooked food!