“Best Peruvian in SoCal”
Review of Q'ero Restaurant

Q'ero Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Q'ero Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 318 Restaurants in Encinitas
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Peruvian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: D St. / E St.
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I have been searching for delicious Peruvian food an this place fit the bill! The restaurant is quaint with a very friendly staff, I even interacted with the very sweet owner. I started off a beef empanada which was accompanied by a delightful spicy sauce. Their lomo saltado was perfection! I ended the meal with alfajores which brought back such delightful memories of my time in South America.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Just a spectacular meal in a wonderful setting-- prepared and served with enthusiasm for excellence. This was my first visit. I arrived from the east coast today and wow what a wonderful surprise: great food great service and a well designed restaurant. The inspiration for the menu may have its origin in Peru, but it I snot limited in its scope. It has its quality from the owner, the chefs and the staff.

We split the scallops served on black rice with ink sauce and squid, a wonderful salad and a great marinated beef dish with vegies. The food and a terrific wine was a wonderful meal--worthy of stars. I do not write reviews often, but I wanted to share the excellence.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I have been here twice now - Cardiff location and it’s been fabulous! Most recently on 9/14/17. This is my new fav in San Diego! The food is so good and the smells are incredible. Most of the menu items require days of sauce making, marinating, or ingredient gathering. The ceviche was top notch, as are the empanadas. The dough is perfect and the fillings are sublime. We had three different main items which were all as delicious as they sounded on the menu. Patrick was our server and I don’t think we were able to stump him with any of our questions. He suggested nice wine pairings as well. Love this place!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Solid Peruvian food. From a guy who spent a lot of time eating in Peru.
The classics are covered, they have Cusquena, aji amarillo in jars you can buy, need I say more?

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Flavors are fantastic. A modern take on authentic Peruvian flavors. When busy it can take a while for food to arrive since everything is freshly prepared. The lady who has worked here a long time can be quite rude at times. Last visit she did not let us pick a table at 3pm when the place was empty because she already put the silverware on another table. Then we ordered one starter and two main dishes, but she never brought the starter. No apologies whatsoever. Apart from that there is usually a nice atmosphere in the restaurant and the food cannot be beat.