“Great family day!” 5 of 5 bubbles

San Diego Zoo Safari Park
Ranked #1 of 53 things to do in Escondido
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Step into an adventure like no other at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park! Your exciting safari experience includes seeing herds of rhinos, giraffes, antelope, zebras, and more roaming natural habitats, a choice of guided safari expeditions, and beautiful walking trails to see exotic animals. Come experience the excitement of getting up close and personal with rare Sumatran tigers at Tiger Trail, the Safari Park's newest experience!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Highland, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My fiancé and I went with my 2 nieces and 4 kids. We arrived just as the park opened. We had such a good time exploring the park! 2 outstanding attractions, I would say not to miss, the Cheetah Run was amazing, get there early to get close enough for little guys to see.
Going up in the tethered balloon was so fun, great views of the park, the kids loved it. the rest of the day the kids talked about it. Bring comfy shoes, you will walk. It gets hot, bring water!

Visited March 2014

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

A really great up close and great view of the animals. Huge and BEAUTIFUL park and nice staff. Super HOT though, so bring lots of sun block and water. Be prepared to do lots of walking. Only reason I did not give the park 5 stars is all the extras you need to pay for in the park. All but one of the safaris offered by the park are an additional fee from $50 - $105/person. The African tram ride was free for us when we showed our paid admission ticket.

Visited July 2014
Brooklyn Park, Maryland
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Dr”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Not just a safari also similar to a zoo once u enter. They have a ballon ride, cheetah and lion exhibit. The safari is cool it's about a 30 -40 minute tour. Well worth it.

Visited July 2014
san diego
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Go early!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

It can get hot here, it's best to come in the morning when they open. It's worth it to buy a membership so you can come back plus go to the zoo. The new Tiger Trail is very well done, we even saw the tigers! Don't miss the bonsai garden and the succulent trail, there are amazing specimens at both, plus no crowds! You can bring your own food and drinks and save a bunch too. I loved the cheetah show and tram ride too.

Visited June 2014
Katy, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Much better than a Zoo.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I don't like zoos very much. I know that they provide a good service, but I have been to too many in my lifetime that make me feel concern for the animals. I will actually refuse now to go a zoo or circus. But, this park is wonderful. The animals all seem happy and comfortable with plenty of space to be themselves. Unlike any zoo I have ever visited. We really enjoyed the elephants that were splashing around and the new tiger exhibit. The lion exhibit was amazing too. The male roared and roared and roared for about 10 minutes. Boy was he loud! Just experiencing that was worth the visit. One of the park employees told us he was roaring because one of the females is pregnant. They were beautiful! We were there in June, 2014 and believe it or not it was kind of hot for San Diego. Be sure to dress in cool comfortable clothing because there is lots of walking to do. We booked the cart safari tour. The tour was excellent and our driver and tour guide was a hoot. But, if you need to save money, I would say it is not worth the added expense. We ended up getting nearly the same tour by taking the tram, but without all the extra details that the cart safari tour guide had given us. If I were to go back, I would do the Caravan Safari because those tours get really close to the animals. While we were there, a rhino came up to one of the Caravans. What a cool experience.

Visited June 2014