“Okay”

Tuscany Hills Retreat
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I purchased a one night stay on Groupon as we were visiting Temecula for wine tasting. The price was very good for a "resort". The resort is isolated and we knew that from the map. It is less than a mile from the I-15 freeway and you can see it from the grounds.
The staff is very friendly and checked us in early. We were doing that to get the included wine tasting coupon. It is for a good winery and worth about $8 since you can get 2 for one coupons free on line.
When we returned after dinner, the office was closed with a note and emergency phone number. The room was small, but clean and tastefully furnished. There was no guide to available facilities in the room. There was a bathroom exhaust fan.
Parking is not especially close to the room and there was a menu for breakfast at a nearby country club however it served only on weekends.
Overall this place does not seem worthy of full price and should feature at least a light continental breakfast. The grounds and pool are pretty.

Room Tip: No restaurant or room service. There is a small refrigerator and microwave. The regular rooms have q...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I attended a wedding at Tuscany Hills Resort. The staff was absolutely wonderful, and professional. The grounds are gorgeous, and was a perfect setting for the wedding, or if you just want to relax and get away. The photographers pictures of the wedding were just stunning because of the the grounds natural background of flowers and trees. The rooms are very clean, and beautifully decorated. I definitely would stay there again, or have an event there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for a Saturday and Sunday night. From what I gather it was recently renamed from Castle Creek Inn Resort Hotel and Spa, the outside grounds are very nice even in the winter when things are not as green as the rest of the year. The soaking pools were very relaxing and a nice surprise, something more private and quaint then just a jacuzzi. The room was clean and the bathroom looked to be recently renovated and it appears they recently painted inside. I think with some additional time and money the rooms could be wonderful. Right now they are a bit lacking in style and design one wall with vaulted ceilings had nothing on it.The one thing that looked the least thought of was the bed, the sheets were clean and fresh but the comforter looked to be a bit old and not quite a king size, and the bed skirt had seen it's best days long ago. The mattress was comfortable as were the pillows, it just really needs some design and style added to the room. It looks like most if not all rooms have either a balcony or patio with chairs that is nice to sit outside and enjoy the view.The check in was friendly and informative, they have a very large area near reception that would be a wonderful place to offer up a continental breakfast with fruit cereal and pastries if it were up to me, especially with the fact that you have to get in the car and drive quite a distance to get to a restaurant. The only one close by is the one at the golf course next door that is more of a bar serving food. It was clean and comfortable place to stay but I am not sure I would go back. I also wanted to add that the rooms do not have a heater so if your like me and get cold pack socks and warm pajamas. They do have individual air conditioners in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had an event there - the staff was completely out to lunch. No one knew what was going on, the staff even helped themselves to our catered food on their own! One of their staff brought her mother to our event and were drinking on our tab..... They charged us $100 to reset the room then none of the staff helped - we did it all ourselves. I'd never recomend it to anyone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank dan i
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We totally enjoyed our stay. Rooms were clean, comfortable, well appointed, and decorated nicely. We enjoyed the hot tubs and walking the grounds. They had a beautiful pool but the weather was a little too chilly. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Booked last minute trip for Jim Jefferies at Pala. Jennifer was incredibly warm and made us feel welcome. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. Opening the double doors and enjoying the brisk December air on the patio really made for a great time. The grounds are beautiful and want to head back to take advantage of the dry sauna and heating pools next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was there for a show in Downtown Escondido, and I was hoping it would be a nice getaway place seeing the pictures of the spas, etc. The place was a ghost town, and perhaps it was their off-season. I went to my room, which was accessible via an old hard key system. I haven't seen a hard key at a hotel in ages. This set the tone for the rest of the experience. The room was outdated and so was the small old tube television. The room did not heat up properly, and I was freezing the entire time. The shower also had a short period of hot water, and got cold within a few minutes. The floor of the bathroom and the toilet seat were also sticky. The only positive I found was the bed, which was clean and comfortable. Otherwise, I would stick to going to Welk next time I go to Escondido.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thejlt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
Best Western Escondido Hotel
#4 of 6 in Fallbrook
Super 8 Escondido
Super 8 Escondido
#14 of 16 in Escondido

Been to Tuscany Hills Retreat? Share your experiences!