I reserved this room based on past experience with Quality Inn and Suites. What a disappointment!! This is NOT a hotel. It is an old motel converted to Quality Inn. Photos that you see online were taken with a special camera lense to make things appear bigger (room, pool, breakfast area, etc). They are definitely deceiving. Room is tiny with barely enough space to walk around the bed. The one key they gave us worked once and then had to be reprogrammed. The so-called flat screen TV is really a boxy old TV with a flat screen on it. Fridge was not cold and didn't get cold while we were there. Bedding appears to be old. Sheet had a blood stain in the middle of it that hadn't bleached out completely. Don't understand why the maid didn't see it. By the time we noticed it we had already unpacked and did not want to change rooms so we just dealt with it. Bathroom is obsolete. Toilet didn't have a lid on it, just a seat. Shower leaked like a sieve. When I stepped out there was a small lake on the floor. Noise! OMG the noise! Called the front desk at 1:30am to complain. He asked me what room was making the noise. How would I know?? Anyway, there was loud TV, guys talking, and the hippo in the room above us tromped around until 4:30am. I think that's where the men talking and TV noise was coming from. Either they were loud or the walls and floors are THIN. Anyway, not happy that we missed a good part of a night's sleep. The next morning I complained at the front desk that he didn't do anything about it. He said he went to check but didn't hear anything. For some reason, he seemed to think the whole thing was funny. Not even!! Breakfast was a huge disappointment. (Past experience has been wonderful breakfast). They had 2 greasy sausage patties in the heater along with 3 pieces of unappetizing looking fake bacon. No hot eggs, just hard boiled. Dry cerial - Cheerios only. No oatmeal or hot chocolate. Waffle maker worked, which is their only saving grace. No pastries, just bread, English muffins and bagels. No peanut butter for toast. No muffins. Only one kind of tea - plain. When my husband went up to check out he again complained about the noise that kept us up. The man at the desk seemed to know who was responsible and said he "would talk to the boys." If they know they have a noise problem, why don't they do something about it, instead of letting guests complain? My husband told them no, the noise above us (clomping around all night, loud TV) was a women, and the only reason she would be up all night is because she's probably a hooker waiting for a john to show up. Would there be another reason? We did hear a knock on someone's door about 3:00am and a woman answered. In any case, forget this place and find something better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have completely renovated the hotel and welcome all guests to come and give us a try. We have all new furniture and carpet. This entire hotel is brand new. Please come and try us out. We want to create an experience you will tell all your friends about and tell them to come and stay with us as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Escondido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Escondido
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites
- Americas Best Value Inn Escondido