“Very friendly staff!”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed 9 January 2014

What a wonderful, warm, welcoming place to stay! As a stranger to Escondido, I felt myself to be among friends at this hotel. Particular thanks to Randy for his very welcoming, very polite, and helpful attitude during my entire stay. He even helped me with computer questions! The older gentlemen who seem to manage the hotel were also very helpful and welcoming. The hotel is centrally located and close to restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor to avoid the stairs. I don't believe there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane L
Dulath W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I am a very picky person with high standards, and this place lives up to my expectations. Not only is the staff very happy and friendly but from the first day we stayed here its felt just like home. Not only is the rate spectacular, but we get free breakfast with waffles, eggs, bagels, orange and apple juice each and every day. They also provide a microwave and refrigerator with a freezer./ Free ice and a very nice laundry room. The pool is always looking refreshing and the atmosphere is just wonderful. I would recommend the Quality Inn in Escondido to anyone over any other hotel in the area.

April Lopez

Room Tip: rooms with a bathtub are always my first choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank April L

Reviewed 11 October 2013

First the room had a sewage odor maybe from sitting empty but we kept the bathroom door shut. The room itself was small but clean especially as we were only there one night it was adequate. The bathroom however had nowhere to put soap or shampoo in the shower so you had to keep opening the door to get stuff which was a pain.
Breakfast if you can call it that was a total let down......I took pictures but cant seem to post them. All the containers were empty at 7am and when I asked if they had any fruit they seemed unhelpful and the answer was no.....they were 2 pieces of sausage, waffles, dry stale cereal and a couple of bagels.......no fruit, yogurt or other things......very disappointed so walked over to 7/11 to buy a banana....
For a one nighter its doable would never stay here more than one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UKVISIT

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Hoping to see you soon.

Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel last week when i went to see san Diego safari park.i spend 7 nights in there.what did i like the most was the breakfast.had everything that i like.the guy name Randy who is working in the front desk during the day time were very help full and so polite.and the lady who serve the breakfast has very pleasant smile.all the time that spent there was so comfortable and greatful.i enjoyed my first day to the last.one of the best hotels experience that i had.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank hcdrh

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights in June and although the Manager was pleasant, he double charged my card for an extra $50 fee (questionable fee at that, as I mistakenly booked a SMOKING room on Travelocity - he claimed another $50 for a NON- SMOKING?!?). Despite showing him the charges on my statement, and his acknowledgement in writing that there was only to be one charge, he never remedied the issue after 30 days (and several conversations while I was there). Guess he figured that I would just overlook it BUT I will dispute with my card company, wasting another 45 to 60 minutes of my time.

The room was fine but the grounds were filthy - parking lot looked like it had not been cleaned in months with cigarette butts all over and clearly no attention to detail. The breakfast was subpar as they had no fresh pastries and bananas only one of the 10 days I was there.

Price was hi for the area and I noticed that they had a much higher vacancy than the Howard Johnson next door and several other motels nearby - I should have checked more rates than just thru Travelocity.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank roger g

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for failing to make you satisfied.

Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Good value. Professional and courteous staff. Stayed with family for an entire week. Very close to major San Diego Attractions Zoo Safari and Sea World. Located within major shopping and restaurants. Go Check It Out!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tripster216

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I were in Escondido to visit our son. We ended up staying 3 nights on one visit and returned for a single night later because of our good experience. We found the staff very helpful, the room comfortable and the price reasonable. Many of the rooms have been recently refurbished and the work is on-going. The family who runs the motel was eager to assist us in any way possible. The breakfast was good if somewhat limited; it certainly met our needs. We usually are more Hampton Inn sort of folks, but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
qualityinnescondido, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Hello Leavelle,
Thank you very much for the kind words! We just recently purchased this hotel and have really been trying to clean it up. I appreciate your mentioning of our renovation and we always strive to give the best experience possible. Also, I want to thank you for mentioning our staff. We have taken special care in hiring the best customer service agents (and family) and always want be on top of our game. We would love to have you come back anytime you visit Escondido and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you!