“Nice, not Great”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Los Angeles, California
“Nice, not Great”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We had a comfortable stay to meet family. Pool and spa looked fine but to cold to use when we were there. Some restaurants nearby. Wi-Fi was difficult but possible. Had to re-login every time I wanted to access. Something they could improve. This is not a resort destination but if you have reason to vist here it is not a bad place.

Room Tip: I checked Yes for internet BUT it was IFFY.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hal R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We require a handicapped accommodation. The room offered met our basic needs. The motel's elevator was just outside our door & when the door opened & closed we knew about it...The next AM as several units of excavating equipment arrived and commenced a work in progress...It was time to move... We did, to the HoJo across the street...Big mistake,That's however,different review...

Room Tip: Watch that elevator !
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Burbank
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Before I booked this motel I asked if they had wi-fi and was assured they did. Right before I left I again inquired and was told they had it. When I arrived with laptop in hand to do some work again I was assured that yes they had it. I couldn't acquire any wi-fi so I called the front desk and was told to call their technical number. I was on hold for over 10 minutes and was told that this was an ongoing problem that their tower hadn't been working for several weeks. He couldn't understand why they would tell me it was working when it hadn't in over two weeks.

After leaving for the evening and finding a place to work at when I returned I asked if the manager could contact me and was told that in the morning they would. I had booked on line so my money was non-refundable or I wouldn't have stayed. Long story short, for the next 3 days I was told that the manager would call me but was never even given the courtesy of a call.

The lobby was always full in the morning of people eating that I wouldn't have wanted to run into on the street. I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone. The rooms are furnished with very old outdated furnishings and everything has a stale bad smell.

Room Tip: Another hotel...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Escondido hotels

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Was disappointed as we have stayed in super 8 motels in the past and couldn't believe how run down and dirty this was!

• Stayed August 2011
Vallejo, California
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Very clean, and the room had lots of space in it. I think it used to be a two-bed room that had been converted into a one-bed room. Comfortable. The neighborhood seemed kind of sketchy, but we didn't have any problems or see any crime. There were lots of families at the hotel, so it was kind of loud, especially in the mornings. The walls are very thin, though, so I could hear everybody's conversation outside my room at 6:30 in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tracilyns
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 5 days, from 1st July to 5th July 2011. We booked this hotel as it was cheap and we went around San Diego, Safari park, Dana point and close by locations. We booked two Queen sized rooms 328 and 329. The rooms were spacious, free Wifi, small Dining table for two, fridge, microwave and hair dryer. The Bathroom was a also well sized. They had HBO too. So, had a good time watching TV after returning from trips. The Breakfast was also good enough. Everyday they replaced towels and cleaned the room, made the bed and replaced toiletries. So I found it to be very comfortable after returning from each days trip and to get all clean room again. The locality around the motel is also good with all stores a restaurants within .5 miles. From inside the room its quite excellent as a budget hotel, but from outside it is little shabby and may not be very appealing. But who cares, when you save so much bucks but yet enjoying your stay and convenience. Overall, I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Shoumo123
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 December 2010

we were visiting the wild animal park so i decided to stay at this place. I had called before and this was the first place that would allow us to check in early we arived at the property around 10:00 am our room was more than i expected it was clean roomy and all the apliances worked the front desk was very informative of the surounding area and gave us great directions. their beds were very comfortable and the linen appeared nice and clean. their breakfats was good enough for me (cereal,toast, sweet bread juice, cofee and waffles) i only had waffles and coffee i did not get a chance to jump in the pool but it looked clean and clear maybe on my next trip.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple