Motel 6 Escondido
US$63
Escondido Lodge(Escondido)
US$59
Travelocity
Welk Resort San Diego(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$193
  • Pool
Escondido Inn(Escondido)
US$89
US$80
Best Western Escondido Hotel(Escondido)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$132
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location isn't the greatest. This place definitely needs an upgrade, seriously. The beds were uncomfortable and not a regular queen size, more like full size beds. The comforter on the beds had dirt spots on it. I'm glad there's no carpeting but the floor still felt as if it wasn't swept or swift properly. This was my 1st and will be my last time at a Motel 6.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went to Escondido to visit family and visit the coast. When we arrived we were warned not to stay at Motel 6 because it was dirty due to the homeless and the prostitution in the area. We figured "how bad could it be?" We would soon find out that the area was not that bad and our biggest problem would be staff.
When we arrived and checked in we were charged a higher rate that what we had "Booked" on a discount website. The rude women said that the rate was higher because there were three of us and that I booked only one person. I explained that there was no difference in price between1 or 3 people. She also ignored me when I explained that even on Motel 6 website was cheaper than what she was charging. Tired from a long day of travel I relented and payed full price with no discount.
Our next issue was they didn't have a privacy card to hang on the door to keep out housekeeping. After our first night my girlfriend called and requested no housekeeping for our 5 night stay because of past experiences with housekeeping. They told her that we had to let in housekeeping after the 3rd night for them to change linens, towels, and trash. We told them that we would be able to put trash and towels by the door but that bed service was not needed. This turned out to be not an option and said we must let them in. My sister stayed behind on the 3rd day, housekeeping did change out the towels and trash then said they would be back. They never returned. During the 2nd night around 11:30 pm my sister and girlfriend decided to step out and have a smoke. They stayed out there for a few minutes talking too. I received a phone call from the front desk and was rudely informed that the two women outside my room must go inside because there was a 10 pm curfew. See they knew they were smoking because there are cameras everywhere! We were not told about the cameras or the curfew when checking in. Another strange thing happened the next day, not only do they not have alarm clocks but the rooms don't have coffee pot so you have to walk to the office to get coffee. While there getting coffee my girlfriend witnessed a Police Officer come in and request a "roster". The desk person promptly printed something and gave it to the Officer. I was never notified that my name would be released to law enforcement.
The final incident happened during the the day prior to our last night. We returned late from a long day and found our door ajar. I entered and made sure that no intruders were inside. During a quick inventory of our stuff we found that housekeeping had been back. My girlfriend called the front desk to complain. The manager called back a few minutes later and admitted that even though there was a note on file for no housekeeping they had been in to clean. Now nearly 48 hours later we have yet to hear from management.
So in closing do not worry about those outside but those who you are paying to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Tpdriscoll
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear tpdriscoll,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The poor customer service issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Overall the rooms appear to be clean. If you look closely you wil find human or dog hair. According to the staff all rooms have been completely refurbished. No more carpets but now cheap vanier wood flooring. My observation from cleaning is that it is poor. The hair in random places is every were. Just look closely. I took a shower an I had a long hair in my mouth from shower curtain.( I have short hair) Next is Internet access.... It sucks you pay $2.99 for garbage the tech supports sucks. I have a Xbox an they will not support our gaming system. 888-236-0409 sucks. They are terrible and are no help with your gaming system. If I was a motel 6 franchise I would look at a Internet provider that cares and or can support gaming systems.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Noidg
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Noidg - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay, as well as for the unsatisfactory Wi-Fi service. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Started off just looking for a low price hotel to spend the weekend and was very surprise when I got there not only was the price low but the room was very clean as well as the bathroom, the hotel rooms seems like they have been refurbish. I have to say I like it. The only draw back is no iron, hairdryer, microwave or refrigerator in the room. I'm sure they'll provide them if asked or requested. On the upside there is a Denny's right across the street as well as a jack in the box for late night eats, the mall, safari and movie theater all within minutes

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Poor management attitude from the Top. The staff was rude and dishonest. Terrible hotel, bad location and the rooms are not the cleanest.

WARNING: The night security guard is a pervert. Very rude and borderline aggressive too.

Spend your money somewhere else...honestly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends