“Great Service & Peaceful Atmosphere”

Champagne Lakes RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Escondido
Champagne Lakes RV Resort
Kalispell, Montana
“Great Service & Peaceful Atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am heading back home to Montana in a few days after a peaceful two month stay here. I had a very nice, private full hookup site with fire ring right over one of the small lakes. The geese and duck are so relaxing and fun to watch. The trees are trimmed and shaped and beautiful. The owner/manager, C.J., is always busy cleaning and improving. Whatever your problem or issue he will find an answer for you and quickly at that. The maintenance staff are all very friendly and the place could not be any cleaner. Many trash receptacles everywhere and emptied daily. A very secure place with key coded locking entry gates. This campground will accommodate tent campers up to Big Rigs. Most are concrete and level, some pull through and some back in. I have a 27 foot trailer and as a solo traveler i was assisted backing in by owner/manager. All desk people are also very courteous and helpful. There is one new restroom/shower building, one among three, that accommodates persons using wheelchairs in the shower and it is very large. There are two laundries, both are in an outside covered area with chairs and tables for waiting and reading. A large number of top cable channels are available. Wifi can be purchased through Tengo. I used my Verizon and it worked well at times but other times it was very slow or would not connect at all. Early morning gave the best service. There are major shopping centers in the towns of Vista or Escondido, 8 and 10 miles away respectively, although one grocer in Bonsall is 6 miles away along with a McD and a few other stores and fast food places. A must see if you come here is to visit the Lawrence Welk resort 3.5 miles South of the campground. They have a few restaurants including pizza hut, a theatre and a place for therapeutic massage, thermograms and dental services. The Welk Resort also holds a Farmer's Market with Organic produce every Monday afternoon. Pets are welcome at Champagne Lakes and there are many places to walk them. You can go around the lakes with them on the paved road and stop at one of the many benches or picnic tables for a rest. There is catch and release fishing for those interested. A swimming pool is also located by the store (store closed while i was here)but it was too cold for swimming the past two months being solar heated. Think i covered it all! My two months went by quickly and happily and I would come back again when Rv'ing in this area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank montanalover999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lake Forest
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My wife and I stayed a weekend at Champagne Lakes RV Resort and was impressed with the service, friendliness and accommodations. I would recommend to anyone who wants a piece of mind and comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John S
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My wife and I spent two nights in our RV at Champagne Lakes over the Thanksgiving weekend and found it very enjoyable. The location, although just off of the I-15, has an isolated and peaceful feeling to it. My wife loves bird watching and really enjoyed the ducks, geese, cranes and hawks. She even had the chance to cast a fishing rod. C.J., the owner, was very hospitable and is very clearly working to improve the park. They were in the process of dredging one of the 3 lakes. The market was closed due to the Holiday but other than that our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. We will return.

Room Tip: Make sure you confirm your space when making the reservation.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lwlevey
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I stayed from 11/10 to 3/11 and found Champagne Lakes to be a very nice snowbird
destination. The park is older put the owner C.J. is improving the park constantly. Problems that I encountered (there were only two) were handled immedietly and to my satisfaction. The park itself is very pretty with its 3 small lakes, catch and release fishing, a park store, pool, and a pack of geese. Don't let them buffalo you, just hiss back at them and move on. I would recomend this park

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank bookdano87
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 21 December 2010

When we visit our friends in the Escondido area we always stay at the Champagne Lakes RV. Over the years we have seen a lot of work done to improve the site. My husband loves to fish in their lakes, I love to walk on their neat orderly pathways. The restrooms are always neat and clean. There is a small store, a laundry and a swimming pool...all of these are neat and well cared for.
We have never had problems with noisy neighbors or animals. The people who own and run the RV park are very friendly and helpful. The cost for staying there is comparable to other RV parks in the area.
Its a great place to stay in your camper/rv if you want to have a "jumping off" place to the San Diego area/Escondido area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cemmom
San Marcos, California
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We decided this summer to have a few get-togethers with some of our friends and their kids and go camping somewhere. We picked Champagne Lakes because it is not too far from the city, yet far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. We had 3 nice spaces together for tenting, the kids went fishing and caught some BIG fish! They had a pool, and a market open for some supplies...who forget a lighter to start a fire? We even got to bring the dog. Overall it was a great weekend, and we are doing it with a different group of friends next week.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Joshua1976
Calif
Reviewed 19 August 2009

This is more like a place for rv'ers to live than a campground or resort. There appear to be many residents living here as oppose to weekend type campers. The site we were given was narrow and difficult to get into due to the vehicle congestion around it. Ants were a big, big problem. So much so, some of them made their way home with us. The only plus....the staff and residents were all very nice and friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sshanahan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escondido
Pala Mesa Resort
#5 of 19 in Temecula
Hampton Inn San Marcos
Hampton Inn San Marcos
#2 of 5 in San Marcos

Been to Champagne Lakes RV Resort? Share your experiences!