“Asada tacos are amazing!!”
Review of Anejo Bar & Grill

Anejo Bar & Grill
Ranked #50 of 341 Restaurants in Escondido
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
libraryladyfo
“Asada tacos are amazing!!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

You would never know by the location of this restaurant the gem inside. We arrived early to get a seat in the bar area to watch the Sunday football games. The owners here are LOYAL SAN DIEGO CHARGERS FANS!! So, half of our party were Charger fans the other Niners. When we asked if they'd put one of the TV's on the niner game, they said, sorry, if Chargers are playing that's what we watch! LOVE THAT! So, we ate our AMAZING ala carte Carne Asada Tacos and headed off to another sports bar! Great service, salsa is GREAT!

• Visited November 2013

Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Great Mexican food at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Tamales and Chille Relleno were great as well as the frozen Mango margarita. FYI.....Margaritas are quite large. We enjoyed our meal so much we went back a second time while visiting the San Diego area.

• Visited October 2013
Escondido, California, USA
“Probably won't go back”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Friendly staff? Not exactly; I got the distinct vibe that I was interrupting him. Also the waiter didn't listen to what I asked for, which could have proven disastrous for someone with a shellfish allergy. I ordered the fish taco plate and what I got instead was a shrimp taco. I could have gotten better food at Rubio's for less than what I paid. I can see why at lunch time on a weekend in a busy mall there were only two other tables occupied.

• Visited August 2013
Pinon Hills
“Delicious”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Second visit to a Anejo Bar and Grill. Both times had large group, great food and yummy margaritas.
Wish we lived closer it would be our go to for Mexican food. Chili relleno were fantastic. Can't want to go back!'

• Visited May 2013
Chatham, Illinois
“Not sure how this place recieced good reviews....”
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I came here based on all of the good reviews it received while in Escondido for work. I don't know if I ordered the wrong thing but my food was terrible. The salsa for the chips had no flavor - I found myself digging for onions and cilantro so I could taste something. I ordered the chicken chimichanga off the lunch specials menu and 1) it was enormous - way too much food, but at $5.99 + drink it's a good deal (if you want to eat it...) 2) the chicken had absolutely no flavor, nor did most of the toppings. Thankfully I ordered a side of rice which was decent. The service has very good and friendly. As for atmosphere, this was the first Mexican restaurant I've ever been to that was belting out hits from the 70s and 80s - where's the mariachi?? I will definitely not be coming back to this place if I ever find myself in Escondido again.

Been to Anejo Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!