“Good for large groups”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Romano's Macaroni Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 366 Restaurants in Escondido
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This is a good place for parties and large dinner tables. Plenty of selections for all budgets and appetites.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently ate at this restaurant - the first time it was fabulous. The pork chop was perfectly done with great seasonings. We had good service and were so impressed that we went a second time.

Unfortunately the second time the pork chop wasn't nicely seasoned and we had very slow service. Our waitress was having an 'off' night as she dumped a whole dinner not too far from where we were seated. I have to give her credit, she still carried on and was pleasant to us.

After the meal I was on my way to the restroom and was almost knocked over by a waiter going in the opposite direction. He was not carrying food and since I was the customer I had the faulty assumption that he would step aside for me............WRONG. He did come back and apologize later but it was too little too late for us - we left saying that we wouldn't return.

1  Thank Avlem
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Good food and great service. Did not have to wait too long either. The one in Escondido is a very nice restaurant. I did go to the one in Las Vegas many years ago, and that was a little bigger.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Food came out wrong, special order was totally wrong, long wait, clueless staff and no urgency in service. These people seemed like they were all hung over and could care less. We finally got our meal but it took a LONG time. I used to see Macaroni Grill as a reliable place to go when I was on a business trip, but they have changed their atmosphere and menu, dumped the wood-fire and even changed their menu to college dorm outfits. There are still a few that are well managed but that is spotty. They seemed to have dropped standards and training .

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were fortunate to be seated within a few minutes on a busy early evening but it was clear that the wait staff and kitchen were struggling to keep up given the delays in orders being taken and food being delivered to our table. We had a long wait even for the bread that comes with every meal but it was piping hot and very fresh so all was good in the end. The food was all worth waiting for, one member of our party didn't quite get what they thought they ordered but that was a communication mix up and they still enjoyed their meal as presented. Overall, a positive experience as it has been on prior visits. Good food, 1/2 price house wine and overall fair value. Our visit was not really spoiled by the waits, it just gave us more time to share with each other, but if we'd been on a schedule it could have been annoying.