“Motel mediteran”
Review of Motel Mediteran

Motel Mediteran
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed 5 January 2014

What a delightful surprise! This small motel is oozing with warmth and charm. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable with more amenities than many of the larger chains. My room was in the back with a patch of lawn with a row of orange and lemon trees, good bed, quiet, a small pool and several outdoor seating areas. Started the day with a great provided breakfast. If you are looking for a big chain motel, this is not the place. If you want comfortable, all needs met with a quaint view and a good room, this is it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank FranL16

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I went to this small hotel less than a mile from my home and reserved (ten days in advance ) their best room for my daughter and my two teenage grandchildren to stay nearby over New Years. Check-In time is 2pm. When they arrived at 2:40pm they were told that room wasn't ready. When my daughter asked why, the front desk clerk said "We can't clean all the rooms at once. You will have to wait." No promise was given for the length of the wait. Finally, my daughter canceled the reservation and went to a different hotel. The next day the Mediterran Manager telephoned me and wanted to know why. I told her that they left because room still wasn't ready an hour after check-in time. Everything you need to know about the management of this hotel is in her answer to me, word for word: "It would have been better if you had told us they were going to arrive early." Incredibly, there's more: It was only later that my daughter told me that while they were waiting for the room to be cleaned the desk clerk had also demanded an additional $150 security deposit for possible damage to the room, refundable solely at the hotel's discretion.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank rogets
Reviewed 3 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and somewhat recently remodeled. Good value. The breakfast was a little crowded at 8am -- hard time fitting in. Driving distance to the Escondido downtown is very short. Overall pleasant stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We just booked our stay spontaneous, one day before. The staff was b very friendly and the room in good condition. Even comparable to a German Hotel. We will stay again at Motel Mediteran next time visiting this area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

For the price this room was a steal. Very friendly staff a large clean room. Location not the best but felt safe. Bed was comfy. If I were to stay again in Escondido I would come back to this motel....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cary_c9
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My sister and I booked our rooms at the Mediteran through bidding on Priceline.com. When we saw that the location was not a name brand hotel/motel, we were quite nervous. But after arriving our fears went away. Our first impression from the outside was that the motel was average looking but clean, so that was a plus. Then lady at the front desk was every friendly and arrange for me and my sister to have rooms next to each other, so that was another plus. Then to our surprise, the rooms turned out to be pretty nice and with clean bathrooms (a big must for me). Each room had a huge wide screen television mounted on the wall, a microwave, a refrigerator, a table with 2 chairs, and a small walk-in closet. The best part for both of us were the beds, which were very comfortable and also clean. I'm really sensitive to smells, but I did not detect any weird odors on the bed or in the room. The location was great, just 20-30 minutes to most of the San Diego area tourist spots, and 5 minutes away from a major mall. Overall we had a really enjoyable stay at the Mediteran and for a really good price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family