Motel Mediteran
Motel 6 Downtown(Escondido)
Escondido Inn(Escondido)
Mount Vernon Inn(Escondido)
  • Pool
All reviewssafari parkstone breweryhard boiled eggscontinental breakfastroom was cleanfree wifiwaffle makersan diegostay there againmicrowave and fridgeyogurta great place to stayup to datestayed one nightper nighteasy accessnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I were visiting San Diego for the first time and were looking for a motel. I was not sure I wanted to stay this far from the zoo since we'd be visiting it the next day. We had a VERY early flight and I was exhausted. They let us check in SEVERAL HOURS early at no cost, recommended some great places to eat, as well as some night life. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The accommodations were great and the price was considerably cheaper than staying downtown San Diego! My wife loved being by the pool. The only negative would be the breakfast area is quite small and the selection is rather limited but I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Clint V
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked this hotel for Comic Con weekend due to their price. We were pleaded with what we got. We were in their back building, which was an old 1950's motel. The rooms were small but functional with 2 Queen beds. Staff were friendly and the room was clean

Room Tip: rooms in back building are small
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked this hotel based on its price and the excellent reviews of others here on TripAdvisor.
The room was done to a high standard and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were pleasant.
We were in a ground floor room at the front, right next to the ice machine, which we could hear being used. The traffic was not too loud because the airconditioner drowned it out. It worked beautifully but sounded like a truck idling in the room.
Also, the free wifi was very patchy.
They are the only things that might stop me from booking here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room back from the street and away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was recommended for a recent conference I attended. I was skeptical. How could it be decent at such a good price? I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was recently updated, clean, comfortable. The breakfast was basic, but good. The lady at the front desk was very helpful. If you need a clean place to stay without breaking the bank, check out this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Sonia P, Manager at Motel Mediteran, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and I really appreciate your time. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable and clean place to stay during your conference, for an affordable price. I was also pleased to find that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Please come back and stay with us again!

Warm Regards,

Sonia Patel
Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here longer than we have ever stayed in a hotel/motel. We were there for 3 weeks. Our granddaughter was in a play and was graduating from high school. Both events 3 weeks apart and we wanted to be there for both. The people who run the motel are super nice. The place was very clean and they check the breakfast room often. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I really enjoyed having you both stay with us for your trip! I felt like you both were part of our family by the time you left! I am so glad to hear that we made your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I hope that we get to visit with you again very soon.

Take care,