“Value hotel”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Value hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed for 3 nights, just on spec. It's a basic hotel, but clean, with friendly staff (and the Centre City Cafe next door is great too!). Pool was good for relaxing and location suited us well. Escondido seems like a nice town. Parking was good and not too much noise from the road, so slept well. Could perhaps do with more pillows on the bed, but I didn't ask for them, and I'm sure they would have provided if I had.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank James A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at Econo Lodge in Escondido CA for 4 days recently. The location was convenient for a tournament we were there for. The hotel had everything we needed and we felt safe. Pool and hot tub came in handy and the continental breakfast and coffee was convenient. Fridge and microwave in room. Extra towels if we requested. Front desk people were very friendly and helpful with directions and tips. Hotel is right off the highway but we didn't even know that at first. Restaurant next door was great. They even printed our airline boarding passes for us. For the price, this place was excellent. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at the Econo Logde of Escondido for a few days. The rooms were ok, but everything looked old and even though they had a sign that they were renovating I didnt see anything done. What upset me most was the front desk clerks they take their time to come help you and then they always had an attitude like it was a bother to answer my questions they kept blowing me off. Isn't that what they are there for I had to go ask housekeeping she helped me alot she should be running the office and teach them a thing or two about customer service.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Escondido hotels

Escondido, California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Well its about time I found a decent hotel in Escondido. Not only were the staff very helpful and friendly but our room was really cool it had a kitchen in it!! thanks for the stay we apprieciate it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jessica p
Highland, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

First off I am totally shocked by some of the reviews on here! My friends and I stayed here over memorial day weekend and this place was not bad at all, the girl at the front desk was awesome she really took the time to help us figure out what to do in the area helped with directions and was just very friendly. The rooms were nice, its a perfect place if your trying not to spend to much $$$ it was clean, looked pretty well kept and they seem to be remodeling the pool area was very nice, all in all not a bad place my girlfriends and i would def stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Out of hundreds of hotels I stay in per year, this is one of the worst!....Choice Hotels should be ashamed to have this place affiliated with them!....Horrible rooms, and killed two cockroaches crawling across the carpet there. When I spoke my mind to the counter staff, I could tell they've heard thiese same complaints over and over again...They didn't seem to care....As an FYI....there is a new Quailty Inn in Escondido (formerly Americas Best Value Inn) that I would highly recommend as an alternative!!

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Rhino_Labeling
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This place needs a lot of upgrades
Beds are 30 years old ,has holes and who knows what in it
AC not working properly, noisy
Kitchen cabinets ugly brown smelly particle boards
Rooms painted by 5$ workers
Doors nasty dirty- it may take 10 minutes to clean, but nobody bothers BED COVERS ARE Rooms for smokers very stinky.
A few blocks away I found nice hotel - Escondido
with nice granite bath spotless for this same price.

Room Tip: walk in before renting