We just returned from a fabulous week at the Welk Mountain Villas! We stayed in a one bedroom with the full kitchen (3837 in the Teton buildings). We were on the top (3rd) floor, with amazing views from our balcony. The room was very clean and spacious. There were only 2 of us, but you could have easily accommodated another person on the sofa bed in the living room. The room was everything as advertised with jacuzzi tub for 2 in the bedroom, fireplace in the bedroom and living room, nice kitchen with granite counters and all of the amenities (including an ice maker), nice bathroom (although we were not huge fans of the multiple sprays as the water pressure was not the best, and a washer dryer combo in the living room. (Very loud, try to do the laundry when you are not planning on hanging out in the villa for long periods of time).
Note a few comments:
1. If you are staying in the Mountain villas, ask for Teton or Cascades building. They have the best views. In fact, of the of other buildings actually have the balconies overlooking the parking lot. I am not sure what brilliant developer came up with the plan, but not a smart one.
2. No elevators in the buildings. If you cannot walk up and down steps, ask for 2nd floor, it is the only floor that does not require steps.
3. The resort is near the I15 freeway. You cannot really hear it from the Mountain villas, but if you walk the grounds like we did, you can. Not a huge deal, but if you do not like freeway noise, may be something to consider.
4. The grounds on the Welk resorts are BEAUTIFUL! They do an amazing job in the upkeep of the grounds. Beautiful flowers everywhere. We saw lots of bunnies and birds as well.
5. They make you go to the Concierge desk at checkin to get your parking pass. ARGH. That is the ONLY downfall of this resort. The timeshare sales people/concierge people are ANNOYING! Be strong, tell them NO, and they will leave you alone.
6. Surprisingly nice (and decent priced) boutique on site. I bought several pieces of cute jewelry for reasonable prices.
7. Convenience store on site is well stocked, and not toooo high in price. If you need something I would recommend using it, but for over all grocery shopping, go the Vons grocery store which is about 10 minute drive down the frontage road. (Champagne road).
8. Staff that we encountered at the resort (besides the Concierge) was very nice.
9. We will DEFINITELY be back! Loved this place a lot! Bring your walking shoes if you like to exercise, as the area is very hilly and a great place to get in some cardio!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welk Resort San Diego is a Southern California vacation all suite/villa destination Resort and Water Park offering couples and families the ultimate San Diego getaway experience. Just minutes from world famous destinations San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (20 minutes), LEGOLAND (25 minutes), San Diego Zoo (40 minutes), San Diego Gaslamp District (35 minutes), SeaWorld (40 minutes) Temecula wineries, area casinos, and some of the most beautiful beaches (30 minutes) in the world! Welk Resorts offers luxurious and spacious one and two bedroom villa suites, with panoramic views of golf courses or surrounding mountains. Villas include sitting and dining areas, complete kitchens with full cookware and dishware, patios or balconies, and complimentary WiFi access. Parking is complimentary and there are no resort fees. Guests will experience casual dining at Canyon Grille restaurant or Pizza Hut Express, fun in the sun at Five Clubhouses featuring one colossal pool and seven large pools & 8 spas, two water slides, two kids' splash pads and playgrounds, table games, catch and release fishing pond, hourly planned activities for all age groups, new for 2016 state of the art fitness center, lighted tennis courts, and a relaxing round of golf on one of two 18 hole golf courses. The Welk Resort Theatre is home to top-notch talent performing Broadway style musicals and starring in comedy and variety shows, including tribute bands. During the Summer are music festivals at the Welk Amphitheatre on the Greens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Welk Resort San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welk Resort San Diego Hotel Escondido
- Welk Hotel Escondido
- Welk Resort Escondido
- Welk Hotel San Diego