“Great Stay! Recommend to Everyone!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Escondido
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was quoted a lot higher at other places around town. I found a reasonable rate at Rodeway Inn.
I was impressed with the hotel. Room had a big flat screen HD TV. Room was quite and I rested well!. Service was awesome. I stayed for four nights and housekeeping was great! My room was serviced and had no issues.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane S

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

From the minute you enter the room you get a feeling of being watched and feel creeped out. The AC is extremely noisy and makes it impossible to sleep. The showers feel like someone is spitting on you, no pressure whatsoever. Wi-Fi is slow but you get good signal so its whatever. The owner however is a really nice person, cares about the guests but the rooms ruined it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you just want a place to crash this is it for the price. Don't lose your key because they won't give you another one. Coffee was horrendous. I stayed for 4 days and they will only change your sheets every other day. They need to work on their cleaning skills.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed her for a week end. I will say it served it's purpose. It was clean but the room was small. But it did have a lil kitchen in the room. It was quiet I was able to sleep. I did not have much interaction with the host but when I did they were helpful. The hotel was on the center of everything. Movies , restaurant and grocery stores

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here in February 2014. What an incredibly terrible decision. One word can help summarize - ICK.

My husband booked the room through AAA. We have stayed at other Rodeway Inns and have never had a problem, so we expected to have the same 3 star experience we were accustomed to. Boy were we wrong.

We arrived about 9:15 PM on Saturday night. There are no lighted visible signs to mark the hotel. If I hadn't've had a passenger, I am not sure I would have found it. Even so, we drove past it and had to make a U-turn to get there. The driveway is not on El Norte Pkwy, it is on the small side street. We found it and parked.

My husband went to the lobby to check us in while I grabbed my overnight bag from the car. I was surprised to see him at the night window at 9:15 PM. The clerk was rude, not friendly nor helpful. He even commented on my husband trying to open the door, saying "service at the night window only, you can't just barge in." He demanded to know why my husband was there. We completely expected the clerk to either not be able to find the reservation or to find some sort of problem to further hinder our reservation. Surprisingly, the clerk processed our reservation in a timely manner. However, the clerk only provided my husband with one room key, and never offered to give him another one or ask him how many he needed, when I was clearly standing behind him. He mumbled the directions to our room and away we went.

When we reached the room, I noticed there were 2 chairs sitting outside our room. I thought that since we were the room on the end, maybe they tried to set up an outside sitting area. In the morning I determined that was probably not the case. (The chairs were very worn and were broken - one had a broken seat and another a broken arm.)

Once we went into the room, we were... underwhelmed. To say the least. Not only was it much smaller than what I expected, it was not like any other Rodeway Inn we had ever been to. The floors are laminate that is supposed to look like hard wood. The bedspread looked dingy. Only the overhead light by the door, the bathroom light and the tiny sconce on the wall directly across from the bed worked. None of the other lamps or lights worked. Also, the refrigerator was not plugged in, and there were no available outlets to plug it in, so I had to throw away my delicious leftovers from Coronado Brewing Company. In order to get to an outlet, we would have had to move the refrigerator, which had a microwave stacked on top of it, and then the TV cabinet with TV in it, and then unplug something to plug it in. Also, the refrigerator was dented on the top, scratched on the front, and looked like it was happier not working anyway.

We like to have air movement while we sleep, however the A/C unit looked like it would have been an interesting adventure to figure out. The face plate was not on it, the filter was exposed, and it looked like we would not be able to get the face plate back on it, and we weren't interested in getting a face full of dust, lint, or anything else. So we decided, since it was a nice night, we would leave the windows open. BAD IDEA. The hotel became infested at some point during the night with stupid, loud, drunken jerks. Also, the walls are very thin, including the floors. For the majority of the night, it sounded like the people in the room above us were doing windsprints. Add all of this to the fact that I had serious concerns about the cleanliness of the bed linens, suffice it to say that I did not get any sleep. (My concerns about the bed linens ran so deep I slept on top of the covers, with towels from the bathroom, as my covers.)

In the morning, we could not wait to get out of the room. The toilet could not even handle it's basic functions. The shower, however had no discernible problems. We checked out and left without incident.

We will never EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER go back to this hotel. EVER.

DON'T STAY HERE - YOU WILL REGRET IT. The money you save will not make up for the terribleness that embodies the Rodeway Inn Escondido.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FamilyVanMetre
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Room was clean but the entire facility is very dated and needs work. The mattress had no cover on it but it had about a 6" foam pad on top of the mattress. Made the bed very high for a couple of old codgers. This was our last choice, as other inns were booked because of a local soccer tournament. Was it terrible? No! But, we would not stay here again. Staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was basically not what we are accustomed to. Very small area and only a couple of cold cereals and pastries, along with juice and coffee. We expect better for the price but, what the heck, when everything's sold out, that's what you get.

Room Tip: You can do better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014

great neat little place ... great neat little place ...great neat little place ...great neat little place.... great neat little place... great neat little place.... great neat little place... great neat little place

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com